Home

Madden 08 "If you're on the cover, you're not in the game"

This is a discussion on Madden 08 "If you're on the cover, you're not in the game" within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 08 "If you're on the cover, you're not in the game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
1. Get educated - It's not John Madden's fault. He has about as much influence over EA and the game as any John you know. 10 years ago he had some real input, but now, he has almost no creative control. Wanna be pissed at the state of the game, blame EA, NOT John Madden.

2. You have the power - Don't like Madden? Don't buy the game. Don't like EA? Don't buy the game. Don't like exclusivity? Don't buy the game. Getting pissed at Madden is misplaced anger
Wow! I can just tell right now, you really think you know your ****.

1. Dont Blame EA, they're just making money! If thats a bad thing, you play madden wayyy too muchh. And lets face it, dont blame them for making a sub-par game... i mean, every year has just been an added feature and a roster update any way... by the way, vision cone blows!.. oh yeahhhhh

2. You have the Power.... too play madden or nothing at all!!!!! Listen bud, we have parents... your not telling us anything we dont already know... i mean... Are you simply telling us our choices are to play madden or none at all? And thats ok?

I mean, honestly, lets blame the NFL... can we do that? They are the one selling the rights. EA did what they had to do... didnt they! They got scared... They wanted the rights... they needed the rights! They are getting sloppy and dont believe me, believe the rest of the people in here, it shows. The rights is whats keeping them is business... the fact is if we want to play a game with LT in it, Madden is the only game we can get. There's no misplaced anger here, its well deserved everywhere.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #10
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh please. Grow up a bit ok, and please, learn how to form a decent argument rather than just rambling.

If you guys are THAT mad, then don't buy the game, its as simple as that. Stop being a sheep and going along with it if it upsets you this much. I'm not defending EA, don't say that I am, after all, I am not at all pleased with the game this year and I certainly don't like the exclusivity, but that doesn't mean I am going to hate John Madden himself for it.

You little guys don't know anything other than what some goober on a message board tells you, but if hating on John Madden somehow makes you feel better, then go right ahead. The alternative is to send EA and the NFL a message, and don't support their NFL product. That ultimately will let the NFL and EA know that its not acceptable and maybe they will do something about it.

Rather then bitching here, get proactive and let them know how you feel.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Either I am having a ridiculous case of deja vu, or this is a re-post, worded almost identically to one posted a few months ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
1. Get educated - It's not John Madden's fault. He has about as much influence over EA and the game as any John you know. 10 years ago he had some real input, but now, he has almost no creative control. Wanna be pissed at the state of the game, blame EA, NOT John Madden.

2. You have the power - Don't like Madden? Don't buy the game. Don't like EA? Don't buy the game. Don't like exclusivity? Don't buy the game. Getting pissed at Madden is misplaced anger
I agree. Fantasysportsguy isn't saying its fair, he's just pointing out the limited options you have. I for one have been a long time NFL fan of over 20 years and have always had a pro football video game up until the last couple of years. I enjoy the NCAA franchise a lot more and will play that instead of Madden since I find it really lacking in some areas. This argument is nothing new and has been recycled for almost three years now. We got screwed and there is nothing we can do but not buy the product if we don't like it.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #13
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. Fantasysportsguy isn't saying its fair, he's just pointing out the limited options you have. I for one have been a long time NFL fan of over 20 years and have always had a pro football video game up until the last couple of years. I enjoy the NCAA franchise a lot more and will play that instead of Madden since I find it really lacking in some areas. This argument is nothing new and has been recycled for almost three years now. We got screwed and there is nothing we can do but not buy the product if we don't like it.
Exactly, thank you.

What kind of message does it send when you just bend over and take it? These guys that come in here and whine, God, it just runs all over me. It's fine to vent, I am not happy either, but what good does it do to come in here, spew the same old crap, then go out and drop your 60 bucks on Madden? It's hypocracy to the extreme, but they still do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »