Home

Old 12-13-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Why can't EA get it right?

I own both ps3 and xbox 360 and Madden on both systems, however i decided to pull out an old school system (sega saturn) and popped in Madden 97. I started a season and wow, even it had a good presentation with full motion video of James Brown, Pat Summerall and John Madden. So, why can't they make a sound tv style presentation with real commentators?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why can't EA get it right?

it almost seems like they are trying to "get away" from tv style presentation. its like they dont have any intention of doing it, or anything. i dont know why but its the only reason i can think of other than that they ran with what they got now to give the developers 2 years to create the tv style presentation and commentary to make it exceptional, but thats a far fetched idea.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

One or more of the higher ups at Tiburon thinks we don't want TV style presentation. I don't know how they got their jobs, but the situation is what it is.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #4
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
One or more of the higher ups at Tiburon thinks we don't want TV style presentation. I don't know how they got their jobs, but the situation is what it is.
Believe it or not a lot people just want to pop the game in and play they can careless about TV style presentation or halftime highlights..
Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Believe it or not a lot people just want to pop the game in and play they can careless about TV style presentation or halftime highlights..
How do you figure?

More people like bells and whistles. That is considered bells and whistle.

If I had 1 group and showed them Madden 2005 and ESPN2k5 and told them to pick which was best based on "OVERALL DEVELPMENT" I guarantee 85% would pick ESPN2k5 based off its presentation itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Not really. A big reason why Madden is a boring game is because it's lacking so much in presentation.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #7
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Actually most people I play games with skip every non gaming aspect. Highlight shows, pregame intros, and even cutscenes in action games they skip. They have zero patience and they just want the game to continue.

Now it would be nice to have the option for the people that enjoy that kind of stuff.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I love the TV presentation. It can always just be skipped. Aside from all of that, the think I miss the most is no halftime or end game highlights. Who doesn't love watching their sweet plays from the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »