Home

Madden Nation on ESPN

This is a discussion on Madden Nation on ESPN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden Nation on ESPN

Those guys make all of us look bad. Either fat or malnourished/geeky/socially akward/weak/boring/did I say akward?/ugly. These guys can have their madden skills, looks like that's all they've got in life.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #10
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree, the only footage they usually show are the replays which they have strategically zoomed in to really showcase the graphics. If I hadn't played the game and seen how aweful it was on the 360 i'd be dying to play it after watching the madden nation footage.

Even the TV commercials only show the replays... that should tell you something right there.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 62

Has anyone ever played one of these guys online? On the other site I was on some people had and the stories of playing against them were epic tails of cheesery. Little wonder the returning champ took the Falcons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan20
I saw a little bit of it lastnight, it blows my mind that there are guys out there that play this game like that. What job do you have that allows you to play video games as much as you do, if I'm lucky I get 1 game a week in. There was a guy on last years show, he had a Vick jersey on, he said he played Madden between 14-17 hours DAILY..WHAT THE HECK DOES HE DO FOR A LIVING?? He wasn't a kid either I think he was like 25-26 years old, do you still live with your mama or what?? The show aggrivates me.
He plays Madden for a living. A lot of these guys make enough money, entering and winning various tournaments, to live on. Yes, they are professional gamers.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #13
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
He plays Madden for a living. A lot of these guys make enough money, entering and winning various tournaments, to live on. Yes, they are professional gamers.
The part that annoys me about the whole "professional gamer" tag is that unlike every other "profession", the video gamer becomes a professional when he learns every glitch and knows how to use every exploit to win. Not neccessarily being the best player. Not by a long shot.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

oo i know who won lol.. my bud was on the show, so i know the outcome.. its very lame fyi
Old 12-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
I agree, the only footage they usually show are the replays which they have strategically zoomed in to really showcase the graphics. If I hadn't played the game and seen how aweful it was on the 360 i'd be dying to play it after watching the madden nation footage.

Even the TV commercials only show the replays... that should tell you something right there.

You should have seen what they did last year. They were playing the games on the xbox 1 , but showing highlights from the 360 version.

I wonder how many people bought the regular xbox version last year thinking it looked like the 360. lol
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

It's a shame that these toolboxes receive so much publicity while representing all that is bad about online sports gaming. I haven't watched this year's version yet, but I saw last year's and it was horrendous. Non-stop cheese and the guys themselves are incredibly annoying ("POP POP!"). It also doesn't help that they all think they're hot stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »