Home

Simple, Yet Highly Unlikely...

This is a discussion on Simple, Yet Highly Unlikely... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2006, 01:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Simple, Yet Highly Unlikely...

A.I. Cheating will remain a staple of this game for years to come

EA dont even see fit to give us a TV broadcast,let alone a realistic A.I. option

I went from Matt Vasgersian,Dave Campbell,and Rex Hudler,to Cletius the play by play man

Simple yet highly unlikey could be used to describe alot of stuff about this "game"

Last edited by phillyphanatic5; 12-19-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:16 AM   #10
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphanatic5
...I went from Matt Vasgersian,Dave Campbell,and Rex Hudler,to Cletius the play by play man

Simple yet highly unlikey could be used to describe alot of stuff about this "game"
LMAO, a fine example of sports presentation done right...and not.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 AM   #11
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
a dream ive had for a long time. smaller windows of oportunity, less room for risks, more aggressive A.I., unforgiving results for bad reads (or not making a read). Must watch safties and do a quick coverage read after the snap to be succesful in the passing game. must exploit other teams weakness. all should be the magnified at higher difficulty levels not cpu cheating. all sports gaming companies should take note to this.
Co-sign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't care what they call it, I just want a level where the AI plays as smart as it can, but within the player ratings.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Since most of the Madden players play on All-pro or lower, to appease the hardcore, they could simply change what All-Madden means. Instead of it meaning "A.I. cheating", it could mean complete football simulation. Make the penalties correct, the injuries correct, the accuracy of the qb's realistic, the pancakes lower etc.

This would obviously be a huge undertaking for EA, and therefore it won't happen. But one can dream, can't he?
I don't own Madden '07 but I felt starting in the '05 version, All-Madden was a lot better. It wasn't the super cheating mess of previous versions and did have enhanced AI. I didn't see the super catchup speed and monster ratings boosts that everyone else seems to see. I felt in '05 and '06 that the best mode to play Madden was on All-Madden (and I'm not a great player). I thought All-pro in '05 played like crap regardless of slider settings. Didn't play enough of '06 to make judgments on All-pro but I felt All-Madden in both '05 and '06 was the best level to play on and the most realistic.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #14
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't own Madden '07 but I felt starting in the '05 version, All-Madden was a lot better. It wasn't the super cheating mess of previous versions and did have enhanced AI. I didn't see the super catchup speed and monster ratings boosts that everyone else seems to see. I felt in '05 and '06 that the best mode to play Madden was on All-Madden (and I'm not a great player). I thought All-pro in '05 played like crap regardless of slider settings. Didn't play enough of '06 to make judgments on All-pro but I felt All-Madden in both '05 and '06 was the best level to play on and the most realistic.
Yeah, EA acknowledged that speed-cheating was a huge part of Madden 2004's All-Madden difficulty. I agree that it's been toned down since, but there's still other boosts to the Awareness and agility (LB's seem to do a super-strafe to get balls over the middle) that are prevalant.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #15
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

The speed cheat is not no where near as bad as it use to be, but it is still there. Try returning a int for a touchdown with your fastest CB just to have a offensive lineman catch you from behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with the spirit of this thread...

Been playing 'chise vs. the CPU since 2002...thousands of games on All Pro w/ adjusted sliders...

I'd like to see EA simply make each level separate for 'head to head' players and for those who play against the CPU...

The vast majority of Madden buyers play against human opponents and seem to enjoy the less realisitc aspects of overall gameplay...

For example, keep All Madden the way it is for the 'Madden Nation' type gamers but alow us sim freaks to hit a 'Human vs. CPU' toggle and have it cater to what we want in the sim experience...

Similar to the 'arcade' vs. 'sim' switch on the NBA2k series...

My biggest gameplay improvement wish would be having the QB AWR rating affect the DB AWR on pass plays...the lower it is, the tighter they play...on both sides of the ball...

Fixing the sim engine should be easy...it's taken several steps backward in the past few editions...

Oh well, ain't gonna happen...EA doesn't put very much weight on the 'Human vs. CPU' sim consumer...it's a number and $$$ thang...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »