Home

All I can say is WOW!

This is a discussion on All I can say is WOW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: All I can say is WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
definately an excellent game of football... especially after the Fatigue patch.... One of my top 360 games..

If only they would get rid of this annoying radio annoucer..
you know, I don't really mind the radio annoucer. He's 10x better than the mundane commentary we had to deal with on ps2/xbox madden/michaels. That madden commentary made the game really boring for me during those ps2 years (even ps1 with summerall).
Old 12-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #10
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I am the type of person that won't purposely disagree with someone for confrontational purposes. I let be what be, and to each their own... but,
I guess I haven't given this game enough time yet. Initally, I was sickened. The running graphics are awful, the QB throwing motion is girly, I hate the fact that a new generation game has been watered down: 1 CAMERA ANGLE?! Give me a break, and for the full $60 too! I prefer the overhead angle because I like to see the whole field (I would love to see television broadcasts from this angle). I am not a Madden Nation dude or graphics whore and need to see everything up close. I really felt like I have been taken advantage of by the 360 Madden. But your enthusiam has inspired me to give Madden a go again. I pray I can catch some of your spirit.

I had this thought this morning, why couldn't the football efforts be like the efforts put forth by the basketball games (Holy Sheet, March Madness demo, College Hoops 2k7, NBA 2k7, totally sweet and awesome)? Oh, that's right, that whole competition thing, but we don't need to kick that dead horse again.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I am the type of person that won't purposely disagree with someone for confrontational purposes. I let be what be, and to each their own... but,
I guess I haven't given this game enough time yet. Initally, I was sickened. The running graphics are awful, the QB throwing motion is girly, I hate the fact that a new generation game has been watered down: 1 CAMERA ANGLE?! Give me a break, and for the full $60 too! I prefer the overhead angle because I like to see the whole field (I would love to see television broadcasts from this angle). I am not a Madden Nation dude or graphics whore and need to see everything up close. I really felt like I have been taken advantage of by the 360 Madden. But your enthusiam has inspired me to give Madden a go again. I pray I can catch some of your spirit.

I had this thought this morning, why couldn't the football efforts be like the efforts put forth by the basketball games (Holy Sheet, March Madness demo, College Hoops 2k7, NBA 2k7, totally sweet and awesome)? Oh, that's right, that whole competition thing, but we don't need to kick that dead horse again.

You're probably right about all that you said, but it's the only nfl game we got to play this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I guess I haven't given this game enough time yet. Initally, I was sickened. The running graphics are awful, the QB throwing motion is girly, I hate the fact that a new generation game has been watered down: 1 CAMERA ANGLE?! Give me a break, and for the full $60 too! I prefer the overhead angle because I like to see the whole field (I would love to see television broadcasts from this angle).
That alone tells me you're a lot different than the average football fan/gamer. And as for being "sickened" by this game, I guess you have to have spent a lot of time with games like 10 Yard Fight and John Elway QB in order to really appreciate the graphics in today's football game.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
That alone tells me you're a lot different than the average football fan/gamer. And as for being "sickened" by this game, I guess you have to have spent a lot of time with games like 10 Yard Fight and John Elway QB in order to really appreciate the graphics in today's football game.
I consider myself an old school gamer (even though I'm only 23). 10 Yard Fight was the very first football game I ever owned. Football games have came a loooooooooooooooonnnnngggg way. I think graphically that this is the best looking sports game on the 360.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #14
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
you know, I don't really mind the radio annoucer. He's 10x better than the mundane commentary we had to deal with on ps2/xbox madden/michaels. That madden commentary made the game really boring for me during those ps2 years (even ps1 with summerall).
I despise him too. EA could atleast include both Madden/Michaels and that EA Radio guy and let you choose between who you want to hear. The radio guy isn't very consistant. He'll scream like his dog is about to crap on his birthday cake for one second and on the very next act like Rev. Jesse Jackson said "bow your heads."

The "biased" commentary gets on my nerves too when he's like "They now have a ten point lead on us." I'm like "US?" I'm just not used to it. Plus he seems trapped between a radio announcer and a TV broadcaster because sometimes he won't say enough of what he should and others he'll go into this detail about something insignificant which radio announcers don't usually do.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #15
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I did come off as a "Johnny com lately." I am not a young buck, and I have experienced every football game, well most of them. I have always told myself this, "Always compare any game to games from the past." That puts any game in proper perspective. Heck, I spent so much time over several years (late 80's early 90's) on NFL Challenge (only game I could afford while in college). That game was Xs on Os squirmming all over the monitor, reminding me of the old vibrating table top game.

Where I was coming from, and where I should have explained myself better was that for a new generation game, a second effort on the new platform, and at a full price, I expected more. What, I guess I don't know, but I was expecting more. Shame on me. I have never really given the game a chance. I let my visual prejudice override my common sense.

As far as me being different from the average fan, I don't know what that meant. I am not the average fan. I get into the video game not to be playing a video game, but to be involved in the game. I don't coach anymore, so the best way for me to stay active with the game I love is to play a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
That's why I support the game now.... The only thing I wish they would get rid of is "suction" blocking. It still feels as is you're drawn into some blocks by the opposition rather than getting picked up by them.
IMO, the biggest issue in the game.

Last edited by D_Money; 01-01-2007 at 01:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »