Home

Damn it, Madden is freezing in the EXACT same spot…

This is a discussion on Damn it, Madden is freezing in the EXACT same spot… within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Damn it, Madden is freezing in the EXACT same spot…

I suppose the freezing is appropriate considering the ice storm across the Northeast. My copy of Madden 2007 has recently started freezing during game play. Basically the screen freezes, the controller is unresponsive and my only recourse is to open the tray, remove the CD, and power down manually. The freezing happens after about 3-4 minutes of game play in any mode, be it practice or full game. Once I power up the 360 back up Madden plays fine without freezing. So basically what I do now is just fire up a practice session knowing full well that Madden freezes all the time but all is cured after re-powering. Note there are no scratches, Madden 2007 is in pristine condition and my 360 does not crash at all with other games. I have also cleared the 360's cache however the freezing still occurs. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Damn it, Madden is freezing in the EXACT same spot…

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
I suppose the freezing is appropriate considering the ice storm across the Northeast. My copy of Madden 2007 has recently started freezing during game play. Basically the screen freezes, the controller is unresponsive and my only recourse is to open the tray, remove the CD, and power down manually. The freezing happens after about 3-4 minutes of game play in any mode, be it practice or full game. Once I power up the 360 back up Madden plays fine without freezing. So basically what I do now is just fire up a practice session knowing full well that Madden freezes all the time but all is cured after re-powering. Note there are no scratches, Madden 2007 is in pristine condition and my 360 does not crash at all with other games. I have also cleared the 360's cache however the freezing still occurs. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
I have ,it started with madden,same thing you are describing,is your 360 loud when it runs a game in it,and extremly loud when madden is in there? mine was,after having repeated freezes,I tried to format the harddrive,and it got worse,and so did the sound of the 360(drive related),after this most all my games froze,I was to the point,where i sent it back to MS,and another one is one its way....
Old 01-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Damn it, Madden is freezing in the EXACT same spot…

I will have to watch out for other games however no crashes so far and as for the 360 itself I have always thought of it to be a rather loud device but that has been the status quo since day one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »