Home

this game sucks

This is a discussion on this game sucks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: this game sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I really hope that you don't believe that the game will be any different next year. This is their second year making a game for the 360 and it's no better than the first. I don't know what ea did to get people this hypnotized and hopeful but I need to get some of it for myself. When are the "wait till next year" excuses going to stop? Every year we hear that and every year it's a dissapointment.
Did you even play the first year's version? It's quite a bit better than the first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #26
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Agreed, but when you have the same people months on end complaining about the game, you have to question, if it sucks so bad, why do you continue to play it?
Well, i'm guessing they're not still playing it - which is the point; it failed to maintain their interest so they're not happy about it. I mean if the 360 version was my main version, i'd be pretty pissed off too, luckily they did good on the PC otherwise i'd be bitching a lot too :P

The game deserves a lot of criticism on the "next gen" consoles. People don't just invest money into Madden, a lot invest considerable time into the hype pre launch, and trying to get it playing well post launch. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I take my NFL gaming pretty seriously, it's one of the few outlets I have to the NFL which I consider a passion. As I said, i'd be pretty po'd too if I backed the next gen horse.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Did you even play the first year's version? It's quite a bit better than the first.
I've played both. It's been awhile since I played 07 but from what I remember it wasn't a huge improvement over 06.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Well, i'm guessing they're not still playing it - which is the point; it failed to maintain their interest so they're not happy about it. I mean if the 360 version was my main version, i'd be pretty pissed off too, luckily they did good on the PC otherwise i'd be bitching a lot too :P

The game deserves a lot of criticism on the "next gen" consoles. People don't just invest money into Madden, a lot invest considerable time into the hype pre launch, and trying to get it playing well post launch. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I take my NFL gaming pretty seriously, it's one of the few outlets I have to the NFL which I consider a passion. As I said, i'd be pretty po'd too if I backed the next gen horse.
Seriously, the second I get that upset about gaming, is the second I quit the hobby. I play games for fun and to relax. If a game isn't fun for me, I don't play it and move on. I guess I am in the minority.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #29
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I read threads like this for entertainment only.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #30
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I had madden on the ps2 and didn't think it was too bad, but recently I picked up a 360 and the 360 version is junk. Every game seems the same, and the Franchise mode is a big disappointment. I do really like the fact that EA brought back career records though, so some changes weren't too bad. And I think the reason ppl complain so much about the flaws in the game are because madden has had some loyal fans like myself who have been playin for years, its just tough to see a game go backwards the way the next gen versions seem to.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #31

OVR: 34

What happens is people take this stuff far to personally. Now, you can argue that to put down $60.00 on something and not be impressed with it is frustrating, but on forums like these, people take things to another level. There's a lot of anger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 12:38 AM   #32
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Seriously, the second I get that upset about gaming, is the second I quit the hobby. I play games for fun and to relax. If a game isn't fun for me, I don't play it and move on. I guess I am in the minority.
Well, speaking for myself, NFL gets little exposure over here in Australia, and Madden is really the only interactivity I get with the sport, which I consider by far my most favourite sport to the point of passion. I'd love to play it for real, even in one of the small time leagues here in Australia, but I can't, so outside of following the real thing 17 weeks a year 3-5am Monday mornings, it's really all I have.

If you're not all that serious about it, then I guess there's no need to take threads like these seriously either then. Some people do take it more seriously and do get disappointed when it falls short of hopes and expectations. It would be like me going to a Flight Simulator message board and arguing with enthusiasts that the game is fine because I enjoy chucking it on arcade mode and crashing into buildings when their beef is with far more advanced and technical areas, and if they don't like it then they shouldn't play it. It's incredibly arrogant. Gaming is generally always about the pursuit for "fun", but your idea of fun may differ from someone else's.

Anyway, i'm actually really enjoying the PC version for what it's worth, but I can definitely see where threads like this can come from. A lot of people seem to think these are just trolls or flamers looking for an eFight, but some people would love to take this game seriously and are bitterly disappointed when they can't. On the more ethusiast Madden/NFL boards outside of OS which is generally a far more casual gamers board, there is generally little discrepancy between opinions of disappointment. That's no coincidence. You may think people like this just want to argue and hate on EA, but in reality, the vast majority just want something they can enjoy. Are they foolish to expect it? Perhaps, but it's better than sitting back and doing nothing about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »