Home

How will EA respond to All Pro 2K8

This is a discussion on How will EA respond to All Pro 2K8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How will EA respond to All Pro 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoG
I bet they put Tiburon on full alert, meaning working overtime just in case they need to ship the game early, like in July so not to give APF an early start. They didn't pay hundreds of millions for exclusive licenses so they can lose sales to a generic game.

EA will also put pressure on retailers like GS/EB and Best Buy to give little support to APF game, meaning less shelf space and less orders.

They and the NFL will also put their attorneys on full alert, and will be looking to prevent the game from being released if possible by looking for any type of infringement on their license.

If all else fail, EA will buy Take-Two, 2K's parent company and merge VC into Tiburon.

I think you are right on target with your opinion. If all else fails I always felt EA could buy Take Two for pocket change and do away with all competion for good.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #34
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Great post!!! I totally agree with what you said. Ea had said themselves in a interview. The question was on the lines of " With more and more people around starting to complain about the madden franchise over the past couple of years, What are you going to do?"

Ea's Response: We have record sales numbers so why should we change what we are doing?

So bottom line EA will not do anything different until the sales decline. I tell you what though, If 2k8 and 2k9 starts turning heads in the next couple of years and people get fed up with madden, and sales start going downward, Ea will be forced to do something. They can't buy out the Generic contract
That interview was in last months EGM. They basically laughed off the bad publicity and cited their record sales. They think they have a good product...thats the funny part about all this.

Anyway, EA isn't going to change their game. Their "reaction" will be simple....have a team of E-lawyers ready to snuff out any public hosting or sharing of user-created NFL edits, and make it harder for us to swap files.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
EA still has a huge fanbase, just talk to anybody about football games and they'll talk about how madden is the best game, even though they've never played or even seen the nfl2k series. I still don't get why EA bought the license since they have to pay the nfl so much and they were still selling exponentially more than anyone else when everyone had the license.
That is true but with Xbox 360 and PS3 its a new ball game. Fans expect more from their games with the Next Gen systems. Its widely known that EA is putting out garbage games. I know lots of guys who are now playing NBA 2k7 who would have NEVER touched a 2K game a couple years ago. Many of them to my surprise have even sold or gave away Madden 07. To me its truly shocking!! I have always been a fan of 2k games but now other people are seeing it. EA still have the most fans, by far but don't sleep on 2K and the games they put out. Each company will have to fight for the fans dollars on the Next Gen systems and that is a very good thing!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #36
Banned

you guys are crazy. ea doesn't need to "respond" to ALL pro 2008 or whatever it's called, that sounds like the name of a generic football game on NES or something. madden will blow this game out of the water the way it blew all the other 2k games out of the water, like it or not.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #37
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
you guys are crazy. ea doesn't need to "respond" to ALL pro 2008 or whatever it's called, that sounds like the name of a generic football game on NES or something. madden will blow this game out of the water the way it blew all the other 2k games out of the water, like it or not.
In terms of sales maybe. And why wouldn't you know what the game is called when the name is in the title?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
:y4:

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
LOL....oh yeah, in sales, but this is operation sports. the question will be, will it blow it away in substance?........being that Madden hasnt blown 2k5 away in that catagory i think apf is pretty safe LOL
Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #40
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Substance... Madden has never had anything on 2k past Madden 2003 in that respect.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »