Home

How will EA respond to All Pro 2K8

This is a discussion on How will EA respond to All Pro 2K8 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #65
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How will EA respond to All Pro 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
EA has the rights to NCAA football.

Also, 2K (SegaSports) did have a college game way back when and it was terrible.
Yeah they were a much smaller studio back then though I wonder if they would be able to do it better now.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Go ahead we'd like to know.
http://www.quickoverview.com/overvie...-overview.html

"starting with Madden NFL 2004, EA Sports created the new "Play Maker" tool, using the right analog joystick found on many controllers. This allows the players to make pre-snap route adjustments, as well as defensive alignment adjustments.

In Madden NFL 2005, EA Sports further utilized the right analog joystick by creating the "Hit Stick", an option on defense that allows the controlled player to make big hits that can cause fumbles.

In the penultimate edition to the Madden series, Madden 06, the truck stick was introduced. This feature allows the offensive player to lower his shoulder and break a tackle, or back juke to avoid one. Another new feature is the 'Superstar Mode', which allows the player to take control of a Rookie, and progress through his career. This includes an IQ test, the NFL Draft, hiring an agent, and other aspects of a superstar's life.

In Madden 2006, EA introduced the QB Vision Feature. With this feature, a cone of spotlight emits from the quarterback during passing plays, simulating his field of vision. To make an accurate pass, the quarterback must have his intended receiver in his field of vision. Passing to a receiver not in the cone reduces pass accuracy significantly. The size of the quarterback's vision cone is directly correlated to his Awareness rating; Peyton Manning and Brett Favre see nearly the entire field at once, whereas an inexperienced quarterback such as J.P. Losman or Kyle Boller will see only a sliver of the field. This feature also allows for Precision Passing. With precision passing, users can pinpoint where the ball should go. It can be thrown high, low, left, right, etc.

In Madden NFL 2007, EA introduced "Lead Blocker Controls" which allow users to control blockers during running plays. In addition, EA redefined the Truck Stick into the "Highlight Stick". With the Highlight stick, users can have their running backs perform different running moves and combos, instead of just bowling over defenders. Truck Stick features still exist for bigger backs, but not for smaller backs who would never realistically use them anyways."
Old 02-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
http://www.quickoverview.com/overvie...-overview.html

"starting with Madden NFL 2004, EA Sports created the new "Play Maker" tool, using the right analog joystick found on many controllers. This allows the players to make pre-snap route adjustments, as well as defensive alignment adjustments.

In Madden NFL 2005, EA Sports further utilized the right analog joystick by creating the "Hit Stick", an option on defense that allows the controlled player to make big hits that can cause fumbles.

In the penultimate edition to the Madden series, Madden 06, the truck stick was introduced. This feature allows the offensive player to lower his shoulder and break a tackle, or back juke to avoid one. Another new feature is the 'Superstar Mode', which allows the player to take control of a Rookie, and progress through his career. This includes an IQ test, the NFL Draft, hiring an agent, and other aspects of a superstar's life.

In Madden 2006, EA introduced the QB Vision Feature. With this feature, a cone of spotlight emits from the quarterback during passing plays, simulating his field of vision. To make an accurate pass, the quarterback must have his intended receiver in his field of vision. Passing to a receiver not in the cone reduces pass accuracy significantly. The size of the quarterback's vision cone is directly correlated to his Awareness rating; Peyton Manning and Brett Favre see nearly the entire field at once, whereas an inexperienced quarterback such as J.P. Losman or Kyle Boller will see only a sliver of the field. This feature also allows for Precision Passing. With precision passing, users can pinpoint where the ball should go. It can be thrown high, low, left, right, etc.

In Madden NFL 2007, EA introduced "Lead Blocker Controls" which allow users to control blockers during running plays. In addition, EA redefined the Truck Stick into the "Highlight Stick". With the Highlight stick, users can have their running backs perform different running moves and combos, instead of just bowling over defenders. Truck Stick features still exist for bigger backs, but not for smaller backs who would never realistically use them anyways."
2004-ESPN2k4/5 had defensive hot routes

2005- ESPN2k5 had maximum tackling

2006- Gameday 98 had the truck stick already...lol

2007- Gameday 98 you could select any player on the field and block or run a route

2007- Wow highlight stick.They borrowed from NCAA. back juke isn't that huge...lol
Old 02-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #68
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan

2007- Gameday 98 you could select any player on the field and block or run a route

2007- Wow highlight stick.They borrowed from NCAA. back juke isn't that huge...lol
2k5 also had way more jukes using the right stick than madden had with their "highlight stick".

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #69
MVP

Part 2

2004 - Hire your own staff, set ticket prices, build your own stadium, reward key players with signing bonuses and boost player attributes in Mini-Camp drills.

2005 - Modify pre-snap assignments, including double teams and player-specific match ups, for any defensive player on the field.
New Storyline Central - Now your games are impacted by the stories that surround your team.
Enhanced Franchise Mode - Players now react to everything that happens in the franchise.
New Fan Presentation - Your team's crowd is now customizable with new Create-a-Fan.
New EA SPORTS™ Online - Take on the best Madden players online. Improved EA SPORTS Fair Play keeps the playing field level.

2007 - ALL-NEW LEAD BLOCKER CONTROLS
For the first time ever, thorw the perfect block to creae a hole, then switch control to the tailback to rip off a big gain.

NFL SUPERSTAR: HALL OF FAME MODE
Play your way into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and experience the game from any position on the field. Become a superstar on and off the feld.

MASTER NEW HIGHLIGHT STICK MOVES
Use the all-new Highlight Stick to elude or bowl over defenders with new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.

DEEPEST FRANCHISE MODE EVER
Use the NFL Draft Scounting System and College All-Star Game to evaluate prospects, or determine impact players with Franchise Player Roles.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #70
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan

Highlight stick isn't from NCAA. NCAA has Impact stick
Old 02-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #71
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
Part 2

2004 - Hire your own staff, set ticket prices, build your own stadium, reward key players with signing bonuses and boost player attributes in Mini-Camp drills.

2005 - Modify pre-snap assignments, including double teams and player-specific match ups, for any defensive player on the field.
New Storyline Central - Now your games are impacted by the stories that surround your team.
Enhanced Franchise Mode - Players now react to everything that happens in the franchise.
New Fan Presentation - Your team's crowd is now customizable with new Create-a-Fan.
New EA SPORTS™ Online - Take on the best Madden players online. Improved EA SPORTS Fair Play keeps the playing field level.

2007 - ALL-NEW LEAD BLOCKER CONTROLS
For the first time ever, thorw the perfect block to creae a hole, then switch control to the tailback to rip off a big gain.

NFL SUPERSTAR: HALL OF FAME MODE
Play your way into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and experience the game from any position on the field. Become a superstar on and off the feld.

MASTER NEW HIGHLIGHT STICK MOVES
Use the all-new Highlight Stick to elude or bowl over defenders with new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.

DEEPEST FRANCHISE MODE EVER
Use the NFL Draft Scounting System and College All-Star Game to evaluate prospects, or determine impact players with Franchise Player Roles.
Hey man you are fighting a losing battle... 2K is the greatest thing ever around here..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Hey man you are fighting a losing battle... 2K is the greatest thing ever around here..
I enjoy playing both games and really do not think one is better than the other. Just different. It's great to have a choice again.(although I do not think EA was wrong for getting an exclusive license, just very smart)

Yes it is possible to like both games. Look I'm serious...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »