Home

Wats the diff. between 4-3 over and 4-3 under

This is a discussion on Wats the diff. between 4-3 over and 4-3 under within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2
Wats the diff. between 4-3 over and 4-3 under

If anyone can plz break dis down for me would be highly apreciated. Things like strength and wekness in both and wen do u normally use them will also help. I am playn with bears and not being able to recognise the diff. between the two realy bugs me.

Thanx ballers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Wats the diff. between 4-3 over and 4-3 under

Quote:
Originally Posted by didy
If anyone can plz break dis down for me would be highly apreciated. Things like strength and wekness in both and wen do u normally use them will also help. I am playn with bears and not being able to recognise the diff. between the two realy bugs me.

Thanx ballers
Good question. If someone is knowledgeable in this, I have a few questions, too.

The Pats defense has a lot of 3-4 sets. I'm not sure (and the diagrams don't really help at all) the differences between the 3-4 sets. Off the top of my head, they have 3-4 over, under, solid, stack. I have no idea what the difference is other than the specific plays are different in each set. I usually just go with the base 3-4.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think they just determine who "covers up" the TE when they line up. I think the under has the strongside LB line up over the TE with the DL playing accordingly (more inside over the OL). I think the Over has the DE line up wider over the TE with the LBs slider more to the inside although I think this article says I'm backwards.

http://football.about.com/cs/a/over43defense.htm
Old 02-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
rrr
Rookie

OVR: 1

4-3 over is used to cover 3 and 5 holes and 4-3 under is used to cover 2 and 3 holes to stop the run. One of those formations need a good tackling FS to help stop the run(I forgot which one)
Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

daniel80111's Arena

OVR: 5

Over and under fronts deal with where the 3 and 5 techniques line up. Along with that, watch where the Sam lines up. In an under front, the Sam basically hounds the TE to death.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:

Thanx ballers

I don't speak ******, can anyone throw me a translation? Maybe you should put down the controller and pick up a book for once in your life.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

didy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchp22
I don't speak ******, can anyone throw me a translation? Maybe you should put down the controller and pick up a book for once in your life.
Please tell me you are not serious, I asked a question regarding strategy and you are complaining about my spelling. Calling me a ****** is pathetic since if you closely observe the actual grammar and not the spelling you will notice that my english is fine but I guess it makes you feel better to release your frustration on someone else probably because you are still a virgin. Instead of telling me to pick up a book why don’t you develop a new sense of humor and more importantly a social life.
I honestly don’t get some ppl on these boards.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Please tell me you are not serious, I asked a question regarding strategy and you are complaining about my spelling. Calling me a ****** is pathetic since if you closely observe the actual grammar and not the spelling you will notice that my english is fine but I guess it makes you feel better to release your frustration on someone else probably because you are still a virgin. Instead of telling me to pick up a book why don’t you develop a new sense of humor and more importantly a social life.
I honestly don’t get some ppl on these boards.

Nah.........it's your english buddy. Sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »