Home

Why are there hardly any picks?

This is a discussion on Why are there hardly any picks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why are there hardly any picks?

Manning has 30 TDs and 0 picks in my franchise WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Why are there hardly any picks?

well from what i have seen on ps3 i would guess the problem stems from the Interception glitch. in a simulated game a player is credited for 2 ints when they actually get one. they probably noticed there were guys with 12 picks at the end of the year and thought the stats looked right without noticing most QBs will easily have 5 times as many TDs as picks. i heard someone say 10 years down the road rex grossman had 50tds and 0 ints. this also would show why the offense progresses better then the defense.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

you could probably fix it al teast a little by controlling all 32 teams and messing with the aggressiveness for offense and defense but defenders will still get twice as many picks as they are supposed to which really bums me out
Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
pop
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
you could probably fix it al teast a little by controlling all 32 teams and messing with the aggressiveness for offense and defense but defenders will still get twice as many picks as they are supposed to which really bums me out
that's the craziest thing of ever heard
I predict a Buckeyes win.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
well from what i have seen on ps3 i would guess the problem stems from the Interception glitch. in a simulated game a player is credited for 2 ints when they actually get one. they probably noticed there were guys with 12 picks at the end of the year and thought the stats looked right without noticing most QBs will easily have 5 times as many TDs as picks. i heard someone say 10 years down the road rex grossman had 50tds and 0 ints. this also would show why the offense progresses better then the defense.
Are you telling me that the same stupid int. glitch that was in the 360 version made its way to the PS3 version. That is just rediculous. I wrote to so many people who do interviews and talk to EA guys about this glitch and it still made its way to the damn PS3 version. That is laughable. THat whole team that worked on the next gen game needs to be fired or chained to their freakin desk to correct this game fo next year.

When I saw the video interviews with the developers I knew we were in for trouble with this years version. THey had some fruity looking art director who was more worried about making the player models sexy which I guess his version of sexy is barry bond injected palyers. He actually said in the interview that the players looked sexy.

Then you have big Papi JR. David Ortiz (lead producer) talking out his *** about the new SS mode and that damn shotgun boom sound on deep bombs. I know I'm ranting but damn this game and team of developers made me sick this year of of ploaying football video games.

They need to get their **** together or I'll be playing with Micheal Flick and the Dayton Danning and whatever wierd team name they come up with in APF2k8. THIS IS BS. lol There you go I had to laugh at myself.

It is simple. Bring back the stuff we could do in last gens game. Focus on making the franchise mode even better than last gen. Forget about the gimmicks and put the rest in gameplay. Then I'll enjoy football video games again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »