Home

First time with Madden 07 (360)

This is a discussion on First time with Madden 07 (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
First time with Madden 07 (360)

As a NFL 2k diehard, gotta say that it's a pretty good game BUT presentation is lacking big time. I'm a big fan of the NCAA series so that sets the bar when it comes to presentation. Simply having a PA announcer is very head scratching. That was a big reason as to why I never scheduled cupcakes in NCAA...way too boring. Visuals alone isn't enough of the NFL experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: First time with Madden 07 (360)

You forgot to mention no gang tackling or defensive assignments or how the passing system isn't like it is on the original xbox or what about the rocket sound on the deep pass? This is an arcade game in sim's clothing. I'm trading my 360 version in. I'm sorry I bought it. Luckily I got it used.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Or how there there is no player editing....AT ALL. 07 is just sad for a "next gen" football game. Current gen surpasses it in everything except graphics (if you dont mind all your players looking like they are on roids).
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Or how there there is no player editing....AT ALL. 07 is just sad for a "next gen" football game. Current gen surpasses it in everything except graphics (if you dont mind all your players looking like they are on roids).
No true fatigue.............but why beat a dead horse.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
Rookie

didy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
No true fatigue.............but why beat a dead horse.
No proper pass rush or pocket development, and lets not get into the running game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by didy
No proper pass rush or pocket development, and lets not get into the running game.
Can't agree with you more Didy. This series has not been able to get this part of the NFL right EVER. If EA doesn't fix suction blocking and the lack of realistic pass rushes this game will never approach being a sim.

Horrible player interaction in the trenches and the lack of any sort of QB pocket, really destroys the realism in this game. QB's can just roll right/left, drop back 20 yards all day because the lack of a pocket. And the Dlineman are engaged in the horrible suction blocking animations for the majority of the plays ran in Madden.

The sad part about it is that this "seems" to be hard coded in the game engine and will not be resolved until they upgrade to a new engine. And who knows when that will be.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

One camera angle! This might not be a big deal to some but I have to play on Madden Long. How can the "future" of gaming be actually worse than a product of the SNES/Sega Genesis era? The one camera angle was the killer for me, for if that one simple feature was not available, why would features that are more important to a true football experience be expected!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

EA should be ashamed of themselves for this version of Madden, especially when HOFer's creap into dynasty mode.

Unfortunately this games sells like bottled water in Africa so they have no incentive to change.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »