Home

Even though I hate Ea..Madden is a very good game.

This is a discussion on Even though I hate Ea..Madden is a very good game. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Even though I hate Ea..Madden is a very good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I know I blast EA every year because they don't add certain things in I want but Madden 2007 for PS3 is still a very very good game. The only thing lacking in the game IMO is presentation,true gang tackles, hand towels, and more signature specific animations.I play this game against my MaddenMania buddies every single day because it is fun when played SIM. There are some quirks in the game that deals with the framerate while manuevering through menus and the O so irratating comming to the LOS cutscene.

From being on this site 3-4 + years some of you cats hate madden with a passion. Im not going to hold you because every year I went to go to EA studios and barge in their office like "WTF....Why couldn't you add hand towels like you said you were?" or "WTF...Do you mfers ever watch an NFL game?...Where is the damn emotion and presentation?" Once I pick up the game and play it I do see some things in the game that are done extremely well such as the smooth running animations, in game music, good online interface, added 2 man gang tackles even though they should be on 3/4 man tackles.

Having said all of that im really excited to see what Madden 2008 rings to the table because EA has had 2 years of tweaking the engine and hopefully they can really bring out the bang with these next gen systems. I know I am a sucker because I say this EXACT SAME S*** each year only to be let down in some areas. With ALL PRO 2k8 releasing this year also I will have two games to play which makes me glad as a videogame consumer.

I think that EA will overhaul on the signature specific animations and we will be treated to some good things this year.
Every year the engine is supposed to be fixed and every year they still have the same fundamental problems from Madden 04. It's hilarious that the madden fanatics actually believed that this game would get better on the 360.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #10

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
See..This is what I am talking about.

I understand the presentation is wack as hell but if you think about it other than the presentation this game is good. Imagine if Madden had ESPN2k5's presentation.Do you think everyone would complain as much about Madden as a whole?
The game really isn't that good and having terrible presentation just adds to the problem.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #11

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
hand towels. there's never been a bad-snap/fumbled-hold in the kicking game in 15+ years and you're worried about hand towels.
He's been complaining about hand towels for years.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
See..This is what I am talking about.

I understand the presentation is wack as hell but if you think about it other than the presentation this game is good. Imagine if Madden had ESPN2k5's presentation.Do you think everyone would complain as much about Madden as a whole?
You know what.... I can really get past some of the gameplay issues if the presentation was exciting and there are real announcers. That's my biggest beef with madden and won't buy it until this changes. They have the football license and espn and they could have the best presentation in a long time. This game isn't as bad as I or others talk about. The game is just plain BORING..
Old 04-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
I understand the presentation is wack as hell but if you think about it other than the presentation this game is good.
The gameplay at BEST is mediocre - it's easily debateable as to whether the gameplay in next gen Madden is as good/worse than current gen Madden. The fact that someone could argue that point to me says the game isn't anywhere near what it should be. The gameplay is kinda different, I'll give it that. There's less emphasis on being able to heave up deep passes with precision, and the interior running game is better than it is in current gen. Lack of great current gen features OL protection options, individual defensive audibles, etc. - the game has LESS features than current gen does.

I don't want to do a laundry list of my issues with the game, but just off the top of my head: player interaction lacking (huge), misproportioned player models, QBs move awkwardly and display weird high school level throwing mechanics, players noticeably slide over the ground surface (skating), lack of extras, etc. The one area I think they excelled with the game is the stadiums, and perhaps the lighting. Graphics are mixed because I think the player models look pretty good when they're not moving -except for the sidelines, which are atrocious - animations drag the graphics down. Overall though, probably the biggest issue w/the game is it's just flat-out boring.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #14
Banned

murry's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
You know what.... I can really get past some of the gameplay issues if the presentation was exciting and there are real announcers. That's my biggest beef with madden and won't buy it until this changes. They have the football license and espn and they could have the best presentation in a long time. This game isn't as bad as I or others talk about. The game is just plain BORING..

Old 04-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #15
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah, Madden 2003 is a very good game.

Madden 2007 on next gen consoles suck though. Sorry. And the thing is, I can deal with the tackling animations. I can deal with the lack of atmosphere and presentation. I can deal with the lack of involvement on defense.

I can't deal with the lack of a real pocket however. It's too easy to roll out and find the open receiver with virtually any QB in the game. I can do it on All-Madden with Eli Manning. That's a game killer for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

while I agree presentation plays a large role in the enjoyment of a game, and how it holds your attention. but for me all the presentation in the world wouldnt bring me back to madden until the gameplay surpasses 2k5 in factual concrete areas.
after that next gen presentation should be a given! not a wish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »