Home

Devin Hester 1st Player in Madden History with 100 Spd!

This is a discussion on Devin Hester 1st Player in Madden History with 100 Spd! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2007, 02:51 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Devin Hester 1st Player in Madden History with 100 Spd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen
Not a surprise really. EA simply does not do its homework. Devin Hester is NOT the fastest player in the NFL. Bump up his acceleration, agility, and heck even his break tackle a bit, but his top end speed is not the fastest in the NFL. His best attributes are that he gets to his top speed in 1 or 2 steps (acceleration) and that he can make people miss and change directions on a dime (agility), not his top end speed. One not in the game at all is vision, which he seems to find the gaps that others cannot see.
Ok, i'll bite, who do you think is faster? And remember, Ted Ginn Jr. is not yet in the league.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2007, 03:18 AM   #26
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, i'll bite, who do you think is faster? And remember, Ted Ginn Jr. is not yet in the league.
Off the top of my head, in just straight-line, top end speed:
DeAngelo Hall
Michael Bennett
Laverneus Coles
Donte Stalworth

Once again, his acceleration and agility should be upper 90's because of his great ability to cut and accelerate on a dime. But straightline speed, not 100.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #27
Pro

southside_hitmen's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
why take future players into account when ranking players on a scale of 0-100 in a seasonal game? They should have 100's at each category, just for reference. There's nothing wrong with tweaking their attribute point system, unless they're just doing this for hype, and didn't adjust anyone else's points.

They can bump him down next year if a faster man comes in. It makes zero sense to refuse to have anyone rated 100 in any category. The game is supposed to reflect the season it comes out for, not protect some ideal of a perfect rating. Hester was the **** at returning kicks. A 100 speed attribute will do that.
So, by your reasoning, there should be different players with 100's in all the categories every year. For example: Peyton with 100 AWR, Ray Lewis 100 TAK, Favre 100 toughness, etc... because they are the best at that particular attribute that year? The fact that this has never happened before shows that they do it off of historical data, or else there would be 100's coming out every year because "they are the best that year". No one else has had the 100 before, so nope, sorry, don't buy that argument.

Also the fact that because he "was the **** at returning kicks", doesn't automatically make him the fastest player in the NFL. Is the best WR, RB, or DB automatically the fastest player at their position? Let alone the NFL? It takes a lot more than pure speed to make an NFL player. Say hello to all the other ratings. Not to mention there is already a rating set aside for kick returns.

Last edited by southside_hitmen; 04-14-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Its not really a surprize after the season he just had as a rookie, he broke a couple of records and the opening kickoff at the superbowl most likely ceiled the deal for him.

But, lets be real, as another person said on here, he isn't the fastest player in the NFL right now. Not even top in the top 10 i believe. And when were talking fastest, were are talking 40 time. SPEED = 40 time. Ask the rookies who are going to be drafted in a couple of weeks and the 32 teams that scouted them. If madden is going on 40 speed vs. around the ball speed, then who is to say that Urlacher cant cover as much ground as Hester, from sideline to sideline.

I dont think he derserves it, at least not more than Sanders and Green did. But i did expect it, and somewhat understand why. He had a great rookie season, the man can run back kicks, has pretty good awareness and has some jets, but fastest in history... thats laughable. Someone should call TBS, even they will tell you thats moderatly funny. Kind of like his Defensive skills, the man can't cover lovie smith if he wanted too. Give the man something, he will be stuck at kick returner for his whole NFL career.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #29
Rookie

Its not really a surprize after the season he just had as a rookie, he broke a couple of records and the opening kickoff at the superbowl most likely ceiled the deal for him.

But, lets be real, as another person said on here, he isn't the fastest player in the NFL right now. Not even top in the top 10 i believe. And when were talking fastest, were are talking 40 time. SPEED = 40 time. Ask the rookies who are going to be drafted in a couple of weeks and the 32 teams that scouted them. If madden is going on 40 speed vs. around the ball speed, then who is to say that Urlacher cant cover as much ground as Hester, from sideline to sideline.

I dont think he derserves it, at least not more than Sanders and Green did. But i did expect it, and somewhat understand why. He had a great rookie season, the man can run back kicks, has pretty good awareness and has some jets, but fastest in history... thats laughable. Someone should call TBS, even they will tell you thats moderatly funny. Kind of like his Defensive skills, the man can't cover lovie smith if he wanted too. Give the man something, he will be stuck at kick returner for his whole NFL career.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #30
Rookie

Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #31
Rookie

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #32
Rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »