Home

IGN: Madden 08' Preview

This is a discussion on IGN: Madden 08' Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #73
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: IGN: Madden 08' Preview

It all sounds phenomenal. I was hyped after reading the article. Then I realized that a lot of the things they talk about should have been in the game already. But, the fatigue, new animation system, player differentiation, all sound spectacular if they truly pull it off. Oh and they mention 60fps. They didn't mention presentation though. I tell you I'll be getting APF 2k8 and Madden 08. The return of competition.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 21

I was also pumped after reading the preview, but if you also read IGN's hands-on preview of NCAA 08, there may be cause for concern. Same EA guy was mentioned in the article, and if they're still a long way away with NCAA, it may not all be good with Madden either.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Great great great stuff...

I know a lot of people will say EA has a history of hyping, but these guys know something is up. They are fully aware that they need to deliver.
So tru its sounds great. But I wanna see this game in motion. Were in 3 years of next gen football,its time for EA to step it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
thank you 2k
Yup. If anyone thinks this upgrade is because EA finally understand next gen hardware is foolish. EA knew VC was coming out with a game and they had to step their game up. I am hoping Madden keep their promises this time around. I may even make it a first day purchase.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Is it possible we may have videogame football making a come back fellas!?!? I can tell you I am excited right now. That read bugged me out, I dont want to get too excited, but WOW that sounded good. If the presentation is there, Imma Madden fan again.
Yep sounds like this season will be reminicent of the 2K vs. ea Football Wars from the 2001-2005 era.I'll check madden but will mos def buy APF 2K8
Old 04-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #78
All Star

OVR: 21

And IGN can be quite sickening too. Could've predicted they'd say last year's Madden was a disappointment (as they did with 06) - but only after they rated both relatively high . It's ridiculous and sad they get away with that year in and year out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan Miller IGN
Let's get it out of the way now. Madden NFL 07 was a disappointment, pure and simple. With an exclusive NFL license as well as the power of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, there's no reason why this "next-gen" Madden shouldn't have blown football fans away as one of the greatest sports gaming experiences of all time
They gave Madden 07 an 8.5 last year. Complete tools. But they're the leading source for media so we have to deal w/it unfortunately. And they can get away with it. End rant.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
odd... I hear this same statement from women all the time
That's odd, I hear this same statement from cowards and idiots all the time.

Last edited by NovaStar; 04-28-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 26

Preview Madden '06: its going to be great, we added this, we added that, ect.... results dud.
Preview Madden '07: its going to be great , we added this, we added that, ect...results dud
Rense and repeat, Madden is a boring game that is long in the tooth. Its lifeless, gang tackling can't fix that, TD celebrations can't fix that. Its a lifeless game that just exist and its been that way for about 5 years. The franchise is never alive, you never feel like you're a part of something. Madden needs a pulse, and this preview didn't provide that for me. Salesmen sell, suckers get caught up. Madden talk the talk and hasn't walked the walk for a long time. I will not purchase this game until it hits retail and shows me it can walk the walk, after people run it through the ringer, not madden fans or madden sites. Madden = Boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »