Home

IGN: Madden 08' Preview

This is a discussion on IGN: Madden 08' Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2007, 11:49 PM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: IGN: Madden 08' Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
If Madden Is hot this year I told you guys it would be because PS3 is on the market. EA and Sony are in bed 2gether,lol.
All it took for EA to make changes to the Madden engine was a little TLC and a little

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

i just hope it plays a better game of football. But is anyone else worried about what they said about lesser CB's being "toast" against high profile WRS. I've played online a few times in 07 and all anyone ever does is roll left or right, and throw deep to a guy double covered and catch it. And its usually not even the number 1 reciever. Now, im hoping there is some balance to all of this, but, yeah, im going to have a hard time deciding which football game to buy. I wont get both cause i want to focus on one game, so lets see some VIDS!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #43
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryG
isnt this the same thing we hear every year?

No
Old 04-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #44
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
I say both!
I do think the fact that 2k is bringing out a football game has something to do with Madden stepping up their efforts, but I would also like to think that it had something to do with us loyal fans who kept buying the game and stating what changes/improvements we wanted to see happen to it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
How can they be a given if no next-gen football game has anything Madden 08 will supposedly have?

In fact, I don't even recall any current-gen football games having the things M08 is talking about having in one box.
i feel what your saying but ask yourself what was next-gen about Madden 06? nothing, then they said 07 with truly be next-gen and we will be blown away right and nothing. "Some" of the things they are talking about have been done on last-gen by other developers, its new to Madden yes but not something we haven't seen. I hope Madden 08 is great but due to recent history i will have to take the wait and see approach but it all does "SOUND" promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 12:01 AM   #46
All Star

OVR: 21

It'd take a LOT for me to buy Madden (or NCAA) this year, but that was a great preview. Not sure what the guy's name is, but he's the reason EA needs to stop changing executive directors/producers or whatever they are every year - because every year the new guy focus' on something different. He spoke to just about all gameplay issues, and even noted the overall disappointment that has existed in the forums and within the Madden community itself. It'll be interesting to see if they pull it off because they really needed to junk a lot of the animations in the game.

Either way, it sounds good. But I have to see video. It's easy to stay grounded because in the NCAA "sizzle" video it seems they ported Madden's humpbacked player models and movement right over to NCAA - not good imo. But I give them credit for at least sounding like their finally on the same wavelength as their fans are.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #47
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It'd take a LOT for me to buy Madden (or NCAA) this year, but that was a great preview. Not sure what the guy's name is, but he's the reason EA needs to stop changing executive directors/producers or whatever they are every year - because every year the new guy focus' on something different. He spoke to just about all gameplay issues, and even noted the overall disappointment that has existed in the forums and within the Madden community itself. It'll be interesting to see if they pull it off because they really needed to junk a lot of the animations in the game.

Either way, it sounds good. But I have to see video. It's easy to stay grounded because in the NCAA "sizzle" video it seems they ported Madden's humpbacked player models and movement right over to NCAA - not good imo. But I give them credit for at least sounding like their finally on the same wavelength as their fans are.
Yea man they still haven't convinced me with NCAA. Some things look kool but I dont know. I still have a really bad taste in my mouth from last year. Madden SOUNDS really good this year tho, we need to see some video. Im officially excited for football gaming this year tho. I hope all 3 games are good.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

Very true, one of the biggest gripes with Madden has been the lack of presentation and 0 use of the ESPN license hasn't even been addressed without it the game with still be kind of dry and boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »