Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #9
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: A sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Why was it started? Because instead of feeling a little hope when I read/watch the previews, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach called frustration. And that bugged me. I was asking if anyone else had some of the same feelings. Excuse me for not reading every other post on this board, but are you a mod?

Now, for the record, I didn't say anything about the game because I haven't played it yet. I wasn't really complaining about anything except the whole process that seems to repeat itself each year in terms of the marketing and hype attached to the game. Basically, I'm complaining about that hype, NOT the game.

But you are right, maybe a sticky is needed. However, if you have something to contribute, then do so. If you don't want to contribute, don't. But don't think I have to justify starting a new thread on a subject that I normally don't contribute to.
You are right, you don't have to explain yourself to me and I didn't mean to attack you. It doesn't bother me that you are voicing your displeasure whether it is directed at the game or the hype the game was receiving. I was trying to get at the fact that this forum is getting too cluttered and difficult to follow IMO. I guess I would think that this thread and the one linked below are very similar. Maybe it would be best if they were together instead of separate? I am not a MOD so I can't say though.

Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Echo...echo...

Seriously though, it's the truth. They've made promises, but the casual gamer, the ESPN/MTV "Madden Challenge" show (who the hell even watches it), along with the "I hate EA but love the NFL" crowd allows Tiburon to skate on this, even if they implement some of what they are promising.

Look, if it's a great game I'll buy it. However, not on day one. EA/Tiburon has burned too many bridges with Madden on next gen, and as such unless they improve I'll stick with NCAA...which STILL gets play in my 360.
What is it you like about NCAA on 360 better than Madden?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #11
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I agree with Bergie on this one but I'm not on the boat in terms of distrust. To the best of my recollection, if EA has said that its working on something its usually worked on. It doesn't mean that its perfect but that would be rare. I've been very disappointed but not distrustful. As far as the license goes, don't blame EA. They made the smart business decision. Blame the NFL for offering it.
Oh of course. I do not give the NFL a pass on that. Like I said, I'm still steamed about it, but it is what it is and we'll just have to live with that. You are right - I wasn't saying that I distrust that they are trying, just that what they deliver doesn't normally match our expectation. Expectation influenced by what they "promise" at this point in the cycle.

It's just general frustration. As a fan of both games (traditionally), I'm not happy that the only NFL game I'm left with failed to live up to what I felt were resonable expectations, inflated by a lot of hype. And that the other has had to sit in the dark and has to come out stripped a many things that made it so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
You are right, you don't have to explain yourself to me and I didn't mean to attack you. It doesn't bother me that you are voicing your displeasure whether it is directed at the game or the hype the game was receiving. I was trying to get at the fact that this forum is getting too cluttered and difficult to follow IMO. I guess I would think that this thread and the one linked below are very similar. Maybe it would be best if they were together instead of separate? I am not a MOD so I can't say though.

Gotcha. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
I am not a MOD so I can't say though.

No, you're right. Anyone wishing to discuss this further may do so in the thread you have linked there. These threads very rarely ever have anything good come out of them though.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »