Home

Will ESPN finally show up?

This is a discussion on Will ESPN finally show up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Will ESPN finally show up?

I am going to remain optimistic that EA does do some sort of overhaul with their presentation. I am not saying that they will incorporate ESPN personalities or the ESPN logo for that matter into the presentation, but I do think EA shakes things up a bit.

Again, I know it seems that EA will never do presentation the way we want, but back in the day, the dabbled a little bit in presentation, and at that time it was pretty sweet.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #26

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I doubt and you guys need to let this one go. The ESPN deal is a promotional and content deal NOT a presentation deal. I doubt that we will ever see presentation on the level of 2k in any of the EA games during the ESPN deal.
The inclusion of ESPN in EA games as promotional has done just about the same ESPN mobile did. It just isn't a needed/desired function.

I love sports and sporting news, but when I turn my game on, it's just that, a game. The whole promotional thing is more of a diversion than a compliment to these games.

Also, I'm guilty of this, but we have to stop expecting what 2K did with ESPN presentation. Ever since EA and ESPN signed their deal, all we have been looking for is NFL 2K5-like presentation. It's just not going to happen.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

I honesty feel that Tiburons developers don't posses the required talent to create presentation that matches the ability of 2K5. Their presentation has always been week, and still has yet to match the original NFL2K that was released in 1999 for the Sega Dreamcast. It took years of implementation from the people of Visual Concepts to create that presentation. I hardly think you'll see such a drastic change in one short year, especially given the track record of Tiburons yearily improvements and offerings. Maybe they will expand those awesome cutscenes of heading to the line of scrimmage in 4 new angles. That's the improvement in presentation that I expect to see.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am going to remain optimistic that EA does do some sort of overhaul with their presentation. I am not saying that they will incorporate ESPN personalities or the ESPN logo for that matter into the presentation, but I do think EA shakes things up a bit.

Again, I know it seems that EA will never do presentation the way we want, but back in the day, the dabbled a little bit in presentation, and at that time it was pretty sweet.
I really don't think people care if they integrate ESPN into the presentation as much as they just want them to improve on the presentation period. It's not the license that makes presentation in a game special, it's the way the talent of the developers and how they implement it. Presentation in VC's games has improved without the license because it's something they seem to pride themselves on. From my understanding, presentation is pretty decent in 989's sports games. For whatever reason EA doesn't make it a priority on their games

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-04-2007, 02:33 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

i doubt the presentation will change. This is their 3rd year and they are still trying to fix things that should have been corrected day ONE. Its hard enough for them now without a good presentation so i doubt it will change. EA isn't really big on presentation to begin with, but give us something
Old 05-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #30
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
I honesty feel that Tiburons developers don't posses the required talent to create presentation that matches the ability of 2K5.
It may be lack of talent, lack of interest in sports or not enough people to get the job done. Its hard to find math/cpu geeks who enjoy and understand sports. I was friends with an audio designer at Tiburon he worked on madden and was the audio lead on the 1st NFL street game. And this kid knew nothing about sports. He threw shoulder pads at a metal garbage can to get the tackling sfx.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »