Home

Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!!

This is a discussion on Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Maybe It's Just Me, But I'm Not Buying It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
NBA 2k7, College Hoops 2k7 and Fight Night
CO-SIGN!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #10
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Am I worried that this is the same ole same ole EA hype machine? Sure I am, but I will be buying NCAA, APF, and Madden. Hopefully it will be $180 well spent.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

I needed an NFL game last year and broke down and picked this up... sent it back a week later. Was the first time I've bought a Madden in years. It will stay that way for now on unless I'm impressed after playing the game at a friend's house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I think it's way to early to decide weather or not I'm buying it. I'll wait untill more previews and videos start to come out for it. Then I'll make a decision, but I guess their bringing back Owner Mode so I think I'm definately interested in it.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maukey
1) Is it just me, or do all the articles, mainly IGN, Gamespot and TeamXbox, sound like 3 parrots? Hmmmm.......

2) Does anyone else find it funny that all of this press surfaced shortly after the APF 2K8 Announcements?
Ummm...they were all at the same presentation, so the articles are all going to sound similar. They all saw the same thing. As someone else said, they seemed to come away impressed, so that is probably a good thing, unlike the IGN preview of NCAA in which they didn't seem thrilled by what they saw/played.

Madden is always announced in some way, shape, or form at the draft. It has nothing to do with APF2K8, which I'm sure EA doesn't really care about at all. They have been selling Madden for 15 years now and been the number one game in town. They aren't concerned about the 2K game until it proves itself with some sales.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dunno -- even if Madden is dramatically improved this year, you're gonna have those people who seemingly want to do nothing but slam EA go off about how bad it is, and how great 2k8 is.

With the possible exception of last year, I've always felt Madden was the superior football game over 2k.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

i don't care it's only 60 bucks and i love the NFL, this why the NFL license is huge, nut i'll still get AP2k8 also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

Preach on Brother. I'm surprised there are posters here who put stock in the fact that the previewers apparently came away impressed--as if that means anything. I understand what the OP is saying. It's as if IGN, Gamespot, etc. are part of the sales pitch. They were just a tad too enthusiastic and looking through rose-colored glasses IMHO.

This happens every year: The great EA hype machine goes into full spin mode, the masses get excited, thinking THIS is "finally the year--no, really, THIS IS THE YEAR and the game we've been waiting for". Then it comes out, people are disappointed (some deservedly so, others with unrealistic expectations to begin with, etc.) Yet EA has done nothing product-wise to earn the benefit of the doubt.

I hope they do put out a good, solid, material bug-free game this year. If they do, it can be nothing BUT good. But at this point, EA is doing nothing but sowing the seeds for your $60 by telling you what they think you want to hear. Time will tell to what extent they follow through--and if there are any bugs material enough to render new features and improved gameplay moot anyway.

Peace.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »