Home

No Madden 08 on XBOX?

This is a discussion on No Madden 08 on XBOX? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6
No Madden 08 on XBOX?

It seemed the last of the games coming out for the xbox were going to be NCAA 08 and Madden 08. Now I don't see any preorders for xbox (on EA's site). They do however how presales at babbage's, but I don't trust it. I've always been a xbox fanboy, but the way they just cut off the xbox pisses me off. At least Sony continues to make games for their old system for quite some time.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong? I don't want to have to buy a wii, and the PS3 is still way to pricey.

/rant off.

Looks like it will happen for XBOX = http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?id=mad08rel

If anyone hears different please post.

Last edited by xxzone; 05-01-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: No Madden 08 on XBOX?

It sounds like there will be 08 versions for the Xbox, but I'm wondering if they'll just be 07 with updated rosters (and not all of the supposed new gameplay features).
I'm with you on the cutoff of Xbox support. It's disappointing because it's still a better system than a PS2, but MS wants everyone buying the 360.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
Captain Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I'm with you on the cutoff of Xbox support. It's disappointing because it's still a better system than a PS2, but MS wants everyone buying the 360.

Exactly why it makes me so mad also. You shouldn't force people out of a product they purchased from the same company. That's just how MS does business though, ie. DX 10 only on vista. It may not be that bad of a version though. I mean last years had more stuff on XBOX than on the 360, so there is hope. I'm just happy it sounds like they are catching up with 2k5 this year concerning the running game. That alone will make me very happy. I love 2k5, but if they take out the full customization, I'll be going madden this year. I want the NFL experience, even if I have to do it myself on 2k8, if I'm going to shell out for a new system. That's why I'm hoping for one more year of NCAA and Madden. Looks like i'll get it hopefully.

Last edited by xxzone; 05-01-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

I asked in Gamestop and they said it will be out for the xbox....
Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
It seemed the last of the games coming out for the xbox were going to be NCAA 08 and Madden 08. Now I don't see any preorders for xbox (on EA's site). They do however how presales at babbage's, but I don't trust it. I've always been a xbox fanboy, but the way they just cut off the xbox pisses me off. At least Sony continues to make games for their old system for quite some time.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong? I don't want to have to buy a wii, and the PS3 is still way to pricey.

/rant off.

Looks like it will happen for XBOX = http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?id=mad08rel

If anyone hears different please post.
How does EA not making a game for the XBox have anything to do with Microsoft supporting the XBox?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

EA has always supported old consoles, because it will help boost their overall sales numbers. They were putting out madden on the N64 when the ps2 was out.

You might just get an updated 07, but it's better than nothing I guess.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
How does EA not making a game for the XBox have anything to do with Microsoft supporting the XBox?
MS stopped making 1st party titles for the Xbox so all of the 3rd party developers followed. Had MS not done that, there might still be new games being developed for the Xbox.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #8
Captain Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
MS stopped making 1st party titles for the Xbox so all of the 3rd party developers followed. Had MS not done that, there might still be new games being developed for the Xbox.
Well said. Just like the new EA Steet games didn't come out for the XBOX, but they did for the PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »