Home

This is what Madden08 will look like in motion

This is a discussion on This is what Madden08 will look like in motion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
This is what Madden08 will look like in motion

Read first so I can get this out of the way. The link provided is for the NCAA sissle video from IGN.
Most here will know that NCAA uses the same engine as Madden.
With that in mind, all you have to do is read the first impressions (like you haven't already, hehe) then watch the video.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/890/890437/vids_1.html

You will see everything they've discribed in the various "first look" articles.
To analyse the video I would suggest downloading the quicktime version.
For those that down know, with quicktime you can go frame by frame by playing the file then pausing it right away then using the left and right arrows on the keyboard.

Here is what the video highlights - it is footage from NCAA montaged, so here are each video sequencing and what they show.

Sequence 1 - 5 secs (easily something that will be in both NCAA and Madden)
Stadium flyby

2 - 10 secs
Running back running torward sideline then gets tackled. The running looks different, I've not seen that tackle before (someone may have).

3 - 12 secs
WR jump catching, secures ball then gets wrap tackled. Nothing new here, though I didn't like that the WR wasn't watching for the ball and only turns head as the ball gets to him - I like that he tucks the ball knowing he is about to get hit.

4 - 14 secs (obviously NCAA only
Mascot dancing

5 - 16 secs
Player congratulates his teammate on a nice play (this was discribed in the first looks)

6 - 17 secs (you have to watch this closely)
WR catches the ball with hands stretched out around his mid section. Stops before running out of bounds then turns upfield to gain some extra yardage. The only concern I have with this video is that the defensive player who looks to be assigned to cover the WR is not taking the correct angle to cut off the WR. Sure there are bad CBs but come on.

7 - 20 secs
WR catches in traffic. Great to see the WR looking back over his shoulder for the catch. My problem with the clip concerns the DBs and what they do. Both of them go for the INT, but seeing the position the WR is in they have absolutely no chance. I've seen this in past versions of the game and have been hoping they would get rid of it. At least knowing that he doesn't have a chance the DB should go for the big hit or at least jump forward to contest the ball. Thankfully when the WR catches the ball they colision looks good.

8 - 21 secs
RB stiff arms a defender then proceeds to hurdle over him. Another defender is able to tackle the RB while he is in the air. I've not seen these before and it looks very nice.

9 - 23 secs
Another dancing mascot

10 - 24 seconds (nice full screen videos from here on in)
RB tries to hurdle a player only to have his feet taken out from under him and flip over for the tackle. My only problems is....what the hell is the RB doing, trying to hurdle a standing defender? hahaha

11 - 25 secs
touchdown celebration...

12 - 26 secs
WR goes for an over the shoulder catch, DB is playing tight coverage and is able to interupt the catch. Both players collide nicely, even when they both hit the ground it looks great.

13 - 27 secs
Nice step by RB - avoiding a tackle, I've not seen this animation before.

14 & 15 - 28 secs
Misc stuff

16 - 28 secs
WR faces QB and jumps to make a catch. DB comes in and takes out his feet before the ball gets to him. The animation looks very nice for this, again, something I've not seen before.

17 - 29 secs
Gang tackle. This actually looks very nice, I've not seen this type of gang tackle before.

18 - 29 secs
QB changing play at line

19 - 30 secs
another celebration

20 - 30 secs
WR has ball in hands, about to secure. DB hits WR and dislodges ball.

21 - 31 secs
Anotehr stadium flyby

22 - 31 secs
RB is tackled from the side and has feet taken out, gets flipped in the air. Very nice. What I like about this the most is the defenders follow through of the lift...hahaha

23 - 32 secs
another celebration

Thats it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: This is what Madden08 will look like in motion

30 seconds ... I see the monkey arms from the 07 placekickers have now been transplanted to the QB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »