Home

Who's your sleeper?

This is a discussion on Who's your sleeper? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Who's your sleeper?

Ugh I'm already sick of hearing about the Browns. They'll still be bad,...plus they will still have the same QB as last year. I agree the Niners offense will be tough, I expect Gore to be a beast.

Last edited by heitkamp94; 05-08-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Gore was a 92 with the last EA roster update..I'm hoping he is around a 94/95 when the game releases.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Gore was a 92 with the last EA roster update..I'm hoping he is around a 94/95 when the game releases.
I dont know if Gore is a 94/95 back just yet. 92 is kinda pushing it in my opinion. when your talking 94/95 you should only be talking about top 5 backs in the leauge IMHOP. I dont think that gore is in that list

TL
LJ
Clinton Portis
Shaun Alexander
.............hmmmm

wow thats egg on my face, i guess you could have put Tiki Barber next but hes gone, and after clinton portis you could argue for a bunch of guys after him and i cant honestly say that gore doesnt belong in an arguement with Willis Mcgahee, Cadillac Williams, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson(ok Seven Jackson should be 5)

Either way im still with San Fran being the sleeper team, they are definatley gonna be who i start my franchise with (assuming that it doesnt suck). But i honestly dont look for them to do a whole lot this year, the team all the "experts" expect to improve hardly ever does (Detroit,Arizona anyone) and the teams that truly make moves come from nowhere (New Orleans, Chicago, Jets, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

this isnt the right thread for this but i think ea should jsut start over with ratings. It's getting to out of control whit player being too high. OK so if gore is a atleast a 92. Then LT is probably a 100. So thats an 8 point difference. Then how many RB's should be inbetween that gap. I mean you cant really make a statement of "LT is 8 overall points better of a player than Frank Gore." I always though grades were the best way to go. And the grades based on the overall position. Example: someone like Vernon Davis would have an A for speed because he is one of the fastest tight ends.

I dont think anyone should ever be rated 100. Thats basically saying they are the perfect player. No one will ever be the perfect player.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

I understand where your coming from. If Gore has another good season like last year, he should be up there.

He did break single game rushing records foor the Niners, Season rushing record and yards from scrimmage and that's facing a lot of 8 man fronts and not many other offense weapons beside him. 5.4 yards a run 3rd in the NFL in rushing, 1st in the NFC etc...

onnly problem was fumbles early in the season and not many TD's.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
this isnt the right thread for this but i think ea should jsut start over with ratings. It's getting to out of control whit player being too high. OK so if gore is a atleast a 92. Then LT is probably a 100. So thats an 8 point difference. Then how many RB's should be inbetween that gap. I mean you cant really make a statement of "LT is 8 overall points better of a player than Frank Gore." I always though grades were the best way to go. And the grades based on the overall position. Example: someone like Vernon Davis would have an A for speed because he is one of the fastest tight ends.

I dont think anyone should ever be rated 100. Thats basically saying they are the perfect player. No one will ever be the perfect player.
I agree...something needs to be done about ratings.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

i Belive Gore was a 91 in the last update on madden? So thats where he prolly be to start the seaosn

PSN Brandon26ms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I dont know if Gore is a 94/95 back just yet. 92 is kinda pushing it in my opinion. when your talking 94/95 you should only be talking about top 5 backs in the leauge IMHOP. I dont think that gore is in that list

TL
LJ
Clinton Portis
Shaun Alexander
.............hmmmm

wow thats egg on my face, i guess you could have put Tiki Barber next but hes gone, and after clinton portis you could argue for a bunch of guys after him and i cant honestly say that gore doesnt belong in an arguement with Willis Mcgahee, Cadillac Williams, Thomas Jones, Steven Jackson(ok Seven Jackson should be 5)

Either way im still with San Fran being the sleeper team, they are definatley gonna be who i start my franchise with (assuming that it doesnt suck). But i honestly dont look for them to do a whole lot this year, the team all the "experts" expect to improve hardly ever does (Detroit,Arizona anyone) and the teams that truly make moves come from nowhere (New Orleans, Chicago, Jets, etc.)
I dont know, i agree with everyone else, they need to do something about these ratings. But based on how they are now... I dont see Portis the 3rd best RB in the league.

Gore should be a 91-93, 92 would be fine. But when you talk about elite RB in the NFL, your talking a bout LT and the rest sort of follow...but Cadillac? Jones? Close to the top 5?? IMO, thats crazy.

top 7 RB in the league. IMO..
1.) LT, hands down
2.) LJ
3.) Should go with Tiki, ill go with Shawn Alexander
4.) Steven Jackson
5.) Edgerrin James (tuff season, but no worse then Alexander and Portis did)
6.) Rudi Johnson, underrated
7.) Clinton Portis/Willie Parker

honorable mention: Gore, Westbrook, Bush and Duce, McGahee, Ronnie Brown, McGahee, Jamal Lewis.

Cadillac hurt himself in the ratings last season. Cadilliac, 14 games - 798 yards, 1 TD... ouch.

Gore could make it in the top 7 somewhere, i just dont know where, Portis and Parker could sneak in to the 5th, 6th or 7th spot, no higher than that. He played okay, but with his injury didnt show much last season, same with alexander, but they have presidence. Johnson and Jackson could even be switched, and with a good line James could go back to 3. Johnson and Jackson will fight for in and out of top 5.

I mean, you cant really base this stuff on one season, gore and jackson did great. Jackson has done it a season longer than gore has. And LT, LJ, Alexander and Jamer get presidence in my opinion. They are solid been at the top type running backs, they cant be kicked out for one good season from a rookie RB. Same reason why Bush isnt on the list.

Guys like LT, Alexander, Tiki and James have been at the top for years, you have to give them the benefit of the dout until they continue to prove they are not able to be an elite RB anymore. They have proven themselves, people like Johnson, Jackson and Parker are starting to state their claim now. Its a process, Gore and Bush will get there, just not yet.

At least thats my opinion.

I agree the 9'ners will be good this year because they made alot of moves. (clements, jackson, lelie, lewis) But hey, its not like Bears came out of nowhere, they were 11-5 in 2005. They had a couple of close games in 06 too, beat the cardinals by 1, beat the Jets by 1. Just saying...they played well in the past, their O still kills them every year. Its simply Gross, Man. HA jk.

Last edited by dbshady; 05-08-2007 at 08:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »