Home

Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Man Lock?

Does the cpu use man lock to disguise their defense so that man/zone cannot be determined pre-snap via motion? The reason I ask is because I really stink at passing and I always feel pressured once the ball is snapped no matter what. The more I can gather pre-snap, the better.

Any assistance would be appreciated?

Thanks!

BTW, this is for Madden 07 (360).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Re: Man Lock?

I went into practice mode for about 1/2 hour and it looks like the defense does tip you off as to what they're doing.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Does the cpu use man lock to disguise their defense so that man/zone cannot be determined pre-snap via motion? The reason I ask is because I really stink at passing and I always feel pressured once the ball is snapped no matter what. The more I can gather pre-snap, the better.

Any assistance would be appreciated?

Thanks!

BTW, this is for Madden 07 (360).
If u r playing on the 360 on All Madden level the cpu will try and disquise their coverage by showing man and dropping to a zone or vice versa. One thing that helped me in the passing game is letting the quarterback take the natural drop instead of trying to control it myself, it seems the qb will drop and set up a lot faster.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56
If u r playing on the 360 on All Madden level the cpu will try and disquise their coverage by showing man and dropping to a zone or vice versa. One thing that helped me in the passing game is letting the quarterback take the natural drop instead of trying to control it myself, it seems the qb will drop and set up a lot faster.
I think this is true, but you must take control of Qb pretty quick or the AI will go ahead and make a pass if you're not careful.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTime
I think this is true, but you must take control of Qb pretty quick or the AI will go ahead and make a pass if you're not careful.
They won't do that on the 360. If they did, we wouldn't be having this discussion because that's what I want them to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
They won't do that on the 360. If they did, we wouldn't be having this discussion because that's what I want them to do.
Sorry, haven't played Madden on the next gen yet. I just purchased the PS3 last week. I awaiting all the new titles to come out one by one.
I know in the PS2 version, the QB AI would take over for you and throw the ball if you let them just drop back. I liked the look of the drop back because as a human controlled drop back you can never make the QB plant at the end of his drop back and set up to throw. But the AI will do it everytime. But occaisionally the AI would go ahead and throw the ball which sometimes was good, sometimes was bad.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #7
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTime
Sorry, haven't played Madden on the next gen yet. I just purchased the PS3 last week. I awaiting all the new titles to come out one by one.
I know in the PS2 version, the QB AI would take over for you and throw the ball if you let them just drop back. I liked the look of the drop back because as a human controlled drop back you can never make the QB plant at the end of his drop back and set up to throw. But the AI will do it everytime. But occaisionally the AI would go ahead and throw the ball which sometimes was good, sometimes was bad.
Not sure of ng will automatically throw or not, even though I let the cpu handle the QB drop, I'm using vision control to help create more space for the throws which is a must when playing on All Madden and I take control right away. Also the QB plant that u mentioned is a must imo to make accurate throws and helps with timing.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I've had pretty good success in the past 2 games. What I do now is just make 2 reads. I check primary and if that's not there I go to my release valve. Domanick Davis had 8 receptions in my last game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »