Home

Any rumors about what engine the PC-version will use?

This is a discussion on Any rumors about what engine the PC-version will use? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Icon5 Any rumors about what engine the PC-version will use?

Any info at all from EA? Will they rehash the old engine once again or will the PC version take the step into the future this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Any rumors about what engine the PC-version will use?

No word from EA. It's 50/50 IMO. I feel maybe the average PC is still probably not quite ready so if I was betting, I'd say the old engine will remain.

The reality is though, the engine itself is fine. They could easily add all the 360/PS3 features to the current PC engine and just keep the visuals the same or only slightly better to help the frame rates on lower end PC's. The 360 engine is just the same thing with more animations and better visuals.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
They could easily add all the 360/PS3 features to the current PC engine and just keep the visuals the same or only slightly better to help the frame rates on lower end PC's.
That would be realy nice!

But I am guessing that the reason forthe silence is that they haven't improved it in substanial way i'm afraid.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Not necessarily...EA could revamp the PC version from top to bottom and their marketing department would probably ignore it. They never talk this early about PC, it doesn't exist to them, it's their ugly ginger adopted child they regret ever adopting :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »