Home

I hope EA focused more on signature style

This is a discussion on I hope EA focused more on signature style within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
I hope EA focused more on signature style

I say this because that is the future of gaming right now. Last year EA only did a handful of signature animations. Hopefully EA does atleast 2-3 people from each team.

Judging from NBA2k7 I hope EA can just get the player specific running animations down pact. Maybe they could do the QB throwing animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I hope EA focused more on signature style

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I say this because that is the future of gaming right now. Last year EA only did a handful of signature animations. Hopefully EA does atleast 2-3 people from each team.

Judging from NBA2k7 I hope EA can just get the player specific running animations down pact. Maybe they could do the QB throwing animations.
Signature Style means nothing w/o gameplay...Gameplay must be addressed first..Then fluffy things like signature style can be addressed/implemented
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Signature Style means nothing w/o gameplay...Gameplay must be addressed first..Then fluffy things like signature style can be addressed/implemented
Im tired of people saying stuff like this.

Gameplay will never be 100%. This does tie in with gameplay because you can identify certain players by the way they run/ throw the ball.

IMO the gameplay is fine.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

Quote:
Im tired of people saying stuff like this.

Gameplay will never be 100%. This does tie in with gameplay because you can identify certain players by the way they run/ throw the ball.

IMO the gameplay is fine.
Who cares if you identify a player if afterwards the gameplay is garbage. Signature style is fluff...I like fluff...But not at the expense of the nuts and bolts gameplay. Gameplay is the Glue that holds the game together and keeps you playing it. Not a signature style high step or batting stance.

Look at 2k's MLB 2k7..The signature style is great but the gameplay is GARBAGE. Look at 2k's Basketball...Gameplay is pretty solid, signature style is decent but the Graphics are HORRIBLE IMO. I know alot of people like 2k Graphics but for me the hoop game is a joke graphically.

My point is its not not one or the other its a combination of factors that make a game solid and in the grand scheme of things Signature style is not a priority...Its only a priority after Gameplay and graphics are addressed
Old 05-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
Who cares if you identify a player if afterwards the gameplay is garbage. Signature style is fluff...I like fluff...But not at the expense of the nuts and bolts gameplay. Gameplay is the Glue that holds the game together and keeps you playing it. Not a signature style high step or batting stance.

Look at 2k's MLB 2k7..The signature style is great but the gameplay is GARBAGE. Look at 2k's Basketball...Gameplay is pretty solid, signature style is decent but the Graphics are HORRIBLE IMO. I know alot of people like 2k Graphics but for me the hoop game is a joke graphically.

My point is its not not one or the other its a combination of factors that make a game solid and in the grand scheme of things Signature style is not a priority...Its only a priority after Gameplay and graphics are addressed
My man....EA is focusing on the core gameplay this year so whats your point?....

WHY CAN'T THEY ADD MORE SIGNATURE STYLE's AGAIN?

People are funny these days. You try to improve a facet of the game only for someone to shout WELL FIX THIS FIRST!.

Damn why add franchise mode,owner mode,different uniforms,different colored shoes, or abilty to edit a player WHEN THE GAMEPLAY IS STILL LACKING in your case?

Come on man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

i think Sig style does add to the gameplay experience b/c guys play like themselves and makes gameplay much more engaging. But the current state of gameplay needs to vastly be improved. Gameplay is terrible right now on next-gen. Lets hope they are doing what they say they will.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

Quote:
My man....EA is focusing on the core gameplay this year so whats your point?....

WHY CAN'T THEY ADD MORE SIGNATURE STYLE's AGAIN?

People are funny these days. You try to improve a facet of the game only for someone to shout WELL FIX THIS FIRST!.

Damn why add franchise mode,owner mode,different uniforms,different colored shoes, or abilty to edit a player WHEN THE GAMEPLAY IS STILL LACKING in your case?

Come on man.
I'm not saying not to add signature style...I want it just as much as you do...But how much time do you really think Tiburon has to address the game each year?...Also in that same time when Gameplay has been the BIGGEST issue plaguing next gen play what do you think the FOCUS should be on?...Gameplay or a signature high step?...In fact as we discuss football what do you want in terms of signature style?

I think baseball and basketball are sports where signature style is easily shown but in football where exactly do you implement signature style outside of celebrations?...Passing style maybe, tackling, running....I'm not so sure signature style is that noticable in football....Again..I'm not saying I don't want it or its not needed and of course it adds to the experience...BUT...1st things 1st.

You obviously have not played Madden NG 2006 and 2007...I personally liked both games but each is in dire need of gameplay. Tiburon has spent alot of time this year on GAMEPLAY, getting the game to run at 60 FPS so trust me when I say while signature style is important its not a priority. There are only so many ways a QB can throw, a RB can run or a WR can catch...Signature style in Football is mainly captured in audio and celebrations...Two areas that have NOTHING to do with Gameplay. There already is signature style with audio and some celebrations

Last edited by Alburt Poohole; 05-15-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

ooops

Last edited by Alburt Poohole; 05-15-2007 at 11:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »