Home

Depth Chart Options

This is a discussion on Depth Chart Options within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Depth Chart Options

I hope that Madden 08 will allow us to sub defensive players in at offensive postions and vice versa.

With my Bears exploring the option of using Hester on the offensive side of the ball (which I would love to see) it would be nice to have this option. Also, I know Champ Bailey was used at Wideout and Troy Brown at db.

The Great Walter Payton-
“I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.”

Patrick Kane is forever a hero for finally bring the cup back to Chicago!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: Depth Chart Options

why not just change hester to a WR?

its not like hes ever gonna get any corner duties after last year.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

these kinds of subs allow for super CHEESE, they need to actually just allow the guys this applies to and let them while not making it an option all the way across the board
Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
these kinds of subs allow for super CHEESE, they need to actually just allow the guys this applies to and let them while not making it an option all the way across the board
But you never know who will play on the other side of the ball until they actually do it. I know it was only one play, but T.O. played safety for a play to defend against a hail mary. I'd like the opportunity to do that in a similar situation.

People couldn't use it as cheese if the ratings worked better. Hester has great return ability, and that would show on offense. At the same time, who's to say his hands are any good, so you might not be able to throw to him much.

Take a fast DB like Hall from the Falcons. He'd have speed, but he may not be elusive or have good hands. If the ratings worked correctly, you could try to put him on offense, but he couldn't catch or juke anybody.

These are just example by the way. I have no idea about Hester's hands or Hall's hands and elusiveness. I'm just saying defensive players would be hampered on offense by certain ratings if they were done correctly.

And if fatigue is done like they say it is, you'd have to worry about that too.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
And that is why I hate this revolution of online gaming. Developers are taking options out of the hands of offline gamers in order to protect the online product.

I could care less about what problems 12 year olds create online. Do not take the option for me to play the way I want to out of MY game. If I paid $60 for the game, I should be able to play on a team of nothing but O linemen if I so choose.

EA needs to figure out a way to take options away from online gamers to where it does not effect offline gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
why not just change hester to a WR?

its not like hes ever gonna get any corner duties after last year.
That is true....I think that is what the Bears will do anyway.

The Great Walter Payton-
“I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.”

Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I should have been more specific I guess. Yes I wasn't talking about allowing Grossman to step in at middle linebacker or anything like that. For me personally as a Bears Franchise player I would like Hester to touch the ball more than KR and PR.

The Great Walter Payton-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »