Home

Is EA bringing back real announcers?

This is a discussion on Is EA bringing back real announcers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #25

OVR: 34
Re: Is EA bringing back real announcers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrim
In the age of High Definition and Digital Surround Sound, a radio announcer has no place in Next Gen Gaming..........
I agree. In their 3rd year on next-gen, you'd think there would be at least a two man booth with sideline reporting, maybe even a reporter that is covering other games during your season. How coold would that be? You're in an intense divisional battle and you get a report of how your rival is falling apart in their game.

There should be sideline reporting, halftime reports, maybe even quick coach interviews before halftime. There should be a pre-game show too.

The coin-toss in this game is horrible. There's complete dead air. The radio announcer would be 10x better if there was someone along side him. I'd actually enjoy him better than Madden and Michaels. When was the last time you heard and NFL game broadcasted on the radio with one single broadcaster? lol..it's stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #26
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

I would love the return to a two-man booth...though I'm not expecting much with the presentation aspect, especially if they are focusing as much as they claim on gameplay!

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 05-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 16

I doubt EA brings back play by play guys.

They have 2 years of recording with the Radio Announcer and I doubt they will trash it for play by play. I know its stupid but if you think about it in that way then you will understand why real announcers aren't comming back.

What would people think if NBA2k8 had a Radio broadcaster instead of a play by play team?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #28
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

You'll notice that no hands on preview mentions any commentary whatsoever. Which probably means the playable preview builds aren't showing any.

If they were keeping the radio announcer, I bet he'd be in the preview/hands-on builds.... but there's been zero mention of commentary. (And I think JRob at IGN and Brian Ekberg at Gamespot would have mentioned it if it was in there.)

So- my guess..there will be some announcing and not the radio guy, and it will be announced in the coming weeks.

Just a hunch.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #29

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
You'll notice that no hands on preview mentions any commentary whatsoever. Which probably means the playable preview builds aren't showing any.

If they were keeping the radio announcer, I bet he'd be in the preview/hands-on builds.... but there's been zero mention of commentary. (And I think JRob at IGN and Brian Ekberg at Gamespot would have mentioned it if it was in there.)

So- my guess..there will be some announcing and not the radio guy, and it will be announced in the coming weeks.

Just a hunch.
I was thinking the same thing too. Would EA just ask them to be quiet about it? i guess we'll see.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72

Just a hunch.

They haven't mention anything about it, because they told you what EA wants they to told you, FOR SURE I believe that is going to be the same radio announcer, if not, at least ... some preview should have mention something about it, but EA doesn't want to let everyone know.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #31
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
They haven't mention anything about it, because they told you what EA wants they to told you, FOR SURE I believe that is going to be the same radio announcer, if not, at least ... some preview should have mention something about it, but EA doesn't want to let everyone know.
Do you think EA was also behind 9-11? Just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #32
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

if the gameplay is good enough i dont need commentary, i tend to turn it off in a lot of sports games anyways because i dont like hearing the same lines a couple times a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »