Home

Is EA bringing back real announcers?

This is a discussion on Is EA bringing back real announcers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #65
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is EA bringing back real announcers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Come on man..are you telling me that the reason why they are using the radio guys is because they don't have enough time to fix it? is that what you are saying?
That's the impression I got from J Rob's response:

"The good news is that EA is very aware that the entire world hates that guy. I would expect a real announcer next season. "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #66
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Wow! I can't imagine how good the gameplay & animations would have to be for me to buy this game with the radio announcer back. Ehh well. At least there's an alternative this year.

And now that I think about, I trust all these previews even less. As big of a deal this was, none of the previews mentioned the radio announcer being back. Suspect.
I would submit to you that it wasn't mentioned because it just isn't that important to the typical Madden gamer. Think about it. Do you think the Madden Nation contestants care about the commentary? For that matter, can they even hear it over their constant trash talking?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:46 AM   #67

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's the impression I got from J Rob's response:

"The good news is that EA is very aware that the entire world hates that guy. I would expect a real announcer next season. "
Well, we also have to remember that this is some dork's response at IGN to an email. His comment, "I would expect" makes me laugh.

There's a lot of things I'd expect by now. But, already, months before the game's release, there are "wait until 09" comments.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Well, we also have to remember that this is some dork's response at IGN to an email. His comment, "I would expect" makes me laugh.
This isn't just any dork, it's Jon Robinson . The man is IGN's grand poobah of all things EA. He may not be the most competent sports gamer out there (as anyone who has ever seen an IGN gameplay vid can attest), but he is pretty well connected. If he says EA knows the radio guy is unpopular, I believe him.

Quote:
There's a lot of things I'd expect by now. But, already, months before the game's release, there are "wait until 09" comments.
If and when you find a sports game that the phrase "wait until next year" cannot be applied to in some form or fashion, please let us know.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-24-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #69
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
This thought process... completely leaves me in awe. Because they have a radio announcer in the game and not Dan and Peter or Madden and Michaels, they must be lying about everything else. All I can say is WOW!!
Try not putting words in my mouth, or show me where I said they must be lying about everything.

Read my post again. My point is that they left out a negative aspect that was a huge deal to a lot of people, and I don't trust them to give me an accurate preview. If they left that out, what else did they leave out? The previews already sounded like EA written ads before this news.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #70
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I would submit to you that it wasn't mentioned because it just isn't that important to the typical Madden gamer. Think about it. Do you think the Madden Nation contestants care about the commentary? For that matter, can they even hear it over their constant trash talking?
I remember the radio announcer being mentioned in last year's reviews. It was important enough to mention then. And on the Madden forums, where many love the games, it was complained about. And the Jon Robinson guy also mentions that EA knows the radio announcer is unpopular.

Madden Nation contestants are a smaller minority than we are. Very few games are played under those conditions. Most games are played in living rooms and bed rooms.

Last edited by BezO; 05-24-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #71
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
I remember the radio announcer being mentioned in last year's reviews. It was important enough to mention then. And on the Madden forums, where many love the games, it was complained about. And the Jon Robinson guy also mentions that EA knows the radio announcer is unpopular.
True, but there were far more complaints about gameplay, features, franchise, etc.. Those items are being addressed.

It's the nature of annually released sports titles that there's always going to be something that doesn't make the cut due to time constraints. If something had to be left until next time, commentary is a sound choice.

Quote:
Madden Nation contestants are a smaller minority than we are. Very few games are played under those conditions. Most games are played in living rooms and bed rooms.
I strongly doubt this. In my experience the Madden Nation types, i.e. the ones who just want to whoop up on their friends and talk trash, are far more numerous than the hardcore sim crowd.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-24-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #72
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

If they would just add the ability for custom soundtracks like 2k5 I would set up Raymond James just as it is in real life. That is all they would need to do for me and I wouldn't care if they ever put in TV style presentation because I would turn the radio guy off and treat as if I were at the stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »