Home

Is EA bringing back real announcers?

This is a discussion on Is EA bringing back real announcers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Is EA bringing back real announcers?

Honestly, I won't go another year without it cause I am one of the few who need serious presentation like that of NCAA football to keep my interest game after game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Is EA bringing back real announcers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Honestly, I won't go another year without it cause I am one of the few who need serious presentation like that of NCAA football to keep my interest game after game.
The only question I have for you is do you think the commentary in Madden 06 for the PS2 is that much better than Madden 07 for the 360?

I only ask this because I haven't played Madden 360 in depth and to see if that one guy in 07 is really that bad (as in worse than Madden 06 PS2).

I would think that they could just get another guy to join him and we could get the option for those announcers to always root for the home team, instead of my team all the time in one-player mode.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 05-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Never played the PS2 version but I thought O6 was absolutely terrible for the 360. 07 was a minor step up with the arcade announcing that sounded like something from NFL Blitz. Besides the great gameplay in NCAA Football, I think the announcing is what makes the game seem more real. Though NCAA Football is in need of recording brand new commentary cause it has been the same for the past 3 years and has now become boring to hear. This is where Madden Football has really gone in the wrong direction and could learn something from their other team when it comes to presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
The only question I have for you is do you think the commentary in Madden 06 for the PS2 is that much better than Madden 07 for the 360?

I only ask this because I haven't played Madden 360 in depth and to see if that one guy in 07 is really that bad (as in worse than Madden 06 PS2).

I would think that they could just get another guy to join him and we could get the option for those announcers to always root for the home team, instead of my team all the time in one-player mode.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree. I never liked the radio announcer. Madden has always had the worst play-by-play / commentary guys. Hopefully, they come up with something better this year.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

That's is one thing I enjoy with 2k sports. The commentary is always awesome which makes you feel like it's a real game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

The radio announcer might be the stupidest next-gen decision made by any company. In a generation when games are trying to be carried by high definition visuals and crisp surround sound EA decided to mimic the sound coming out of the $10 AM/FM radio I have sitting next to my desk. My unused surround sound system is not appreciative.

A close second to the radio announcer decision might be the lack of TV style presentation in the next-gen Madden games. Football is the sport that works best on a television when compared to actually being at the game. With a TV you can get replays from every conceivable angle, you can get overlays of all kinds of cool stats, you can get cuts to other games in progress, and you get John Madden with a pen drawing lines all over the screen. Did we get that though? No. We got some player chatter, next to no overlays, rarely a replay, and if there were updates I didn't see them. I actually liked John and the other guy's idiotic comments in the old-gen games when compared to the new "presentation".
Old 05-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 62

Isn't ironic that the game named after a person best known for being a football announcer (lets be honest, that's true) doesn't have play by play announcing in the game?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
That's is one thing I enjoy with 2k sports. The commentary is always awesome which makes you feel like it's a real game.

The one thing that I can't understand is why??? I mean EA has more people working on their football game than VC ever had. EA has way more money to put into development. EA has had the rights to ESPN for the past 2 years and they haven't done a thing with it which makes you wonder why???? VC had the presentation down pat especially when it came to half-time and end of the game shows, yet EA never made an effort to match or even top it. The biggest problem that I have with EA is that every year they remove something that workes and then tries to put it back in a few years later in an effort to make it sound "New." NCAA Football continues to make strides every year where as Madden continues to go in reverse and focus on gimmicky things such as the hit stick or the fumblenator or the grass stain amplifier when their presentation is by far the worst in the industry.

Last edited by Rules; 05-17-2007 at 01:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »