Home

A little extra to the presentation already

This is a discussion on A little extra to the presentation already within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #33
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: A little extra to the presentation already

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Some presentation ideas i have...

I liked how 2K5 had the weekly wrap up with Chris Berman, where they went through the sportscenter scores and has highlights of the game, even if they were are mostly the same.

But heres a couple of Ideas that EA could use (they never will) but could, instead of sitting here saying EA should have more presentation, i think everyone agrees with that, but what do you want!?!

1.) No Radio Annoucers - I want John and Al back, even better i want more! Bring back Pat. It would be awsome to have 3-4 annouce teams in the game, Buck and Aikman, John and Al, Mike T and Thiesman, NFL Network Annoucers, or Anyone for that matter, Four default annoucers, i dont care. But it would be awsome to play in a Franchise and have a HOME annoucer, and when you AWAY, have a different annoucer. It would bring so much more to the game in my opinion, every game would seem a little different. It wouldn't be so much of the same stuff, it would be repetative.

2.) He got JACKED UP - Tom, Micheal, Steve, Chris, where are you! How tight would that be, a jacked up session. Or even a sportcenter rundown, NFL LIVE, NFL TOTAL ACCESS, whatever, something.

3.) new intros, staduim cams, new player intros, coach shots, warm-ups, new halftimes, new crowd cut scenes, whatever, new look. (this does not involve a pass on gameplay and ect, just saying from a presentation standpoint here)

4.) NFL NEWS video, give us news, on players, NFL NOW, or Breaking News, player holdouts, injurys, transactions, Rumors, Charges (sorry Bengals), whatever.

All this stuff would be tight (would be!) and then some. But thats just some of my ideas.
Good ideas. I thought Madden on current gen was relatively good presentation wise. NG games almost seem like a chore tho. Not a game killer for me, but I would like to see the games be less montonous and great presentation helps TREMENDOUSLY with that.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #34
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

So with this pre-game show, will it be on radio? or TV? because if they have a pre game show, and then go to a radio announcer, that would be kinda stupid.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #35
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Some presentation ideas i have...

I liked how 2K5 had the weekly wrap up with Chris Berman, where they went through the sportscenter scores and has highlights of the game, even if they were are mostly the same.

But heres a couple of Ideas that EA could use (they never will) but could, instead of sitting here saying EA should have more presentation, i think everyone agrees with that, but what do you want!?!

1.) No Radio Annoucers - I want John and Al back, even better i want more! Bring back Pat. It would be awsome to have 3-4 annouce teams in the game, Buck and Aikman, John and Al, Mike T and Thiesman, NFL Network Annoucers, or Anyone for that matter, Four default annoucers, i dont care. But it would be awsome to play in a Franchise and have a HOME annoucer, and when you AWAY, have a different annoucer. It would bring so much more to the game in my opinion, every game would seem a little different. It wouldn't be so much of the same stuff, it would be repetative.

2.) He got JACKED UP - Tom, Micheal, Steve, Chris, where are you! How tight would that be, a jacked up session. Or even a sportcenter rundown, NFL LIVE, NFL TOTAL ACCESS, whatever, something.

3.) new intros, staduim cams, new player intros, coach shots, warm-ups, new halftimes, new crowd cut scenes, whatever, new look. (this does not involve a pass on gameplay and ect, just saying from a presentation standpoint here)

4.) NFL NEWS video, give us news, on players, NFL NOW, or Breaking News, player holdouts, injurys, transactions, Rumors, Charges (sorry Bengals), whatever.

All this stuff would be tight (would be!) and then some. But thats just some of my ideas.
Would be excellent......can't see it happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

Hmmm...there was something about watching the halftime and endgame shows that displayed complete video recaps of each half and Berman play by play announcing that kept the presentation from being "repetitive" (meaning, watch it once or twice and always bypass). How about how VC somehow implemented actual replays of penalties with full commentary (and actual penalty animations. When there was a facemask or clipping call, you could actually see it). Far from overrated. If you didn't like the gameplay...fine...but you can't ignore the advanced programming that 2K5 did have.

These are a few areas that were really advanced. In Madden, I'm sorry...but half of the replays, I'm left wondering why I'm even seeing it. What's worse, I'll be left wondering what I'm even seeing.

I don't care if presentation isn't on top of the list, but doesn't anyone find it sad that a Next Gen football game can't compete with the visual overlays, replay angles, animation transitions, and commentary of even a 1999 Dreamcast game? Why do we allow Tiburon so much slack for their resting on laurals, but slam VC for every single little "flaw" that may exist? I'll accept logic on the fact that the innovator is succomed to more flaws. It would be different if Madden's gameplay was flaw free, since it's been hardly touched on an overall perspective.

I agree, 2K5's control was detered due to the game's new momentum system. However, play 2K4 and tell me that Madden's overall control was actually better? VC tried a new control system for 2K5, and it worked pretty well, except that defense was hurt due to the implementation. It's not like VC had a chance to iron out their new implementation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »