Home

Shouldnt we be happier about Madden 08......

This is a discussion on Shouldnt we be happier about Madden 08...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #65
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Shouldnt we be happier about Madden 08......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad360
I for one am looking forward to this game. Just reading all of what they are trying to implement has me excited. If they actually pull it off I'll be happy. On a side note, Sage I checked out your MS page. Yours are hot my dude. Keep doin it.
Appreciate it my dude. Same to you . Feelin that joint.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
No disrespect........but I think I fully understand the term "blind loyalist" after reading this post.
Maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
This is the first year that I'm planning on buying the 360 version before the game for the original xbox and as a fan of owner mode - or at least a deep franchise mode thats big saying that I'm basing this solely on the the gameplay enhancements I've heard about.

However, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I do believe what IGN and Gamespot etc have to say about the game, but I am highly skeptical of an EA employee. Did D-Cas have a blog last year where he voiced his concerns over the next gen product? It seems easy enough - why didn't they ask him to play the game last year for his input? Apparently he could've offered a boat load of advice to improve the game when it really needed it. Again, I'm not overly negative but his post is almost insulting.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
The reality is that the 2K animations help the game maintain its realism. Too much user control results in gamey moves that rarely look anything like what happens on a football field. I'm more than comfortable having animations that are functional and that keep the game moving along in a believable manner, rather than having Michael Vick running back and forth at full speed pulling 360s all over the field. That's lots of user control, but not a lot of football. .
Fatigue should put a stop to that. And I think you're in the minority that wants more animations and less user control. I think that the biggest issue with Madden for a while has been lack of user control because of animations. And I think most will agree with me on that as well. It really needs to be a happy medium. But lately it's gone too far in the other direction and correcting it should greatly help make the game more fun again.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-19-2007, 07:29 PM   #68
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Maybe not
No,I think I do. After reading what I quoted you saying earlier.
I was not responding to what you just highlighted.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #69
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
or at least a little more optimistic?

Hear me out. I played last year's game for about a month and then sold it because of the fatigue issue. It bugged me to no end. For the first few months after the release of Madden 07, I heard multiple complaints....."No Coop", "No Gang Tackling", "No Player Editing" and all the complaints were legitimate.

Now this year EA comes straight out and says it added the following things to next gen:

Coop
Owner Mode
Alternate Jerseys
Player Editing
Realistic Fatigue
Gang Tackling
Double Team Oline Blocks
Mid Air Collisions
Defensive Hot Routes

Those probably cover 80-90% of the major complaints most people on this board had with last year's game (The only major exceptions I see are ESPN presentation and formation subs). So they fix or add alot of features but it seems that the majority of this board is underwhelmed or unimpressed. My question is WHY? Are we at the point on this board where there is so much bad blood about EA, the exclusive deal and the previous installments that even if EA fixes the things we complain about...we still are unhappy?
I LOVE IT!COOP IS BACK !! .. can´t wait.. this will be a great year.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #70
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
The reality is that the 2K animations help the game maintain its realism. Too much user control results in gamey moves that rarely look anything like what happens on a football field. I'm more than comfortable having animations that are functional and that keep the game moving along in a believable manner, rather than having Michael Vick running back and forth at full speed pulling 360s all over the field. That's lots of user control, but not a lot of football. That's why I prefer having automatic drops with routes predicated on drop depth, or being able to look at the positioning of the receiver and corner presnap to know if he'll be open and when to throw the ball, or why I prefer taking over a linebacker and simply sliding him into the gap to force the runner wide. I understand where you're coming from, and I thought the player control was always a strength on the current gen EA football games, but I think the utility of player control can be overstated.
You see heres the thing though both things are in this game. We all want more control right, but we don't want arcady control where players can do 360's without the game taking into account that players height weight and agility rating.

We will have more control this year ,but I think they have balanced this out with the inverse kinematics. So players will actually shift their body weight and plant their feet when do do moves. If you want to see this in action go look at some videos of FIFA 07. It has some of the most realistic player movents of any game. (even though the game itself sucked) This is the same technology that the EA devs are using for NCAA/Madden this year.

As far as animations goes we have that as well the good thing about the animations now is that you don't have to let the whole animation play out. From what I understand there are no canned animations. The animations have branching points in them so if at any given time you need to change something. You can branch off and do something else.

Also automatic drop backs for QB's are already in the game.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Also automatic drop backs for QB's are already in the game.
Yeah but these need quite a bit of work. And by that I'm not talking about how they look. I'm talking about matching the play. The game should be based off how real playbooks are designed. You have your 3 step, 5 step, 7 step, Sprint Action drop backs. This game needs all of those badly IMO. I find that you actually hurt yourself if you let the A.I drop in Madden because the QB drops too far. Outside blitz comes in and destroys the QB easily if you let the A.I do the drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #72
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I find that you actually hurt yourself if you let the A.I drop in Madden because the QB drops too far. Outside blitz comes in and destroys the QB easily if you let the A.I do the drop.
Hmm I actually found it to be the opposite way the QB's seem to drop back faster if you let the cpu run through the animation instead of taking control of him as soon as the center snaps the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »