Home

Gamespot Hands-On (5-19-07)

This is a discussion on Gamespot Hands-On (5-19-07) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Gamespot Hands-On (5-19-07)

Speed has always been the most important attribute in Madden offensively and defensively. Hopefully, with these different types of players being introduced this year will be different.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 13

It all sounds so good almost unbelieveably good in fact. The reality is the game does not come out until August and the hardcore people who will put the game to the test have not played it yet. If it plays as well as claimed then all is well and it will be good year for football games. Unfortunately after all that has happened in the past, I just cannot get too excited right now.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #35
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

First of all alot of people set themselves up for disappointment by getting too hyped about anything let alone Madden...I liked 2006 and 2007 but while I liked them I still came away feeling disappointed with both efforts.

The new Weapon system sounds great...I liked how they did it in NBA LIVE although LIVE was terrible the Superstar/Weapon feature was one of the few highlights.

Too many people expect perfection and I hate to pee on anyone cornflakes but no game will ever provide that and certainly not Madden. I expect the game to be better than 2006 and 2007 but I'm not so hyped that a small issue will ruin the game for me...I've become resigned to the fact that until EA commits all resources to NG gaming we will not get the game we might have if they were not focused on CG, the psp, gamecube and all the other versions of the game that they make. That being said I'm excited within reason for this years game because I know they have done some things that Madden players need and want.

I want Sig style, great presentation and all that but I'm afraid that we are still a bit away from those things in the manner that most hardcore ballers want them. So what I do expect is after the game drops and b4 it drops there will be huge criticism...Some warranted and some certainly not warranted...Thats just the way it goes for Madden and EA.

I used to be one of those bitter haters saying EA is terrible and referencing all these conspiracy theories but over the years I've realized that the people at Tiburon are just normal folks like us...They want and try to make the best game each year and by industry standards they accomplish that. Sometimes that may be a good and bad thing based on the game for that season. So for me, I'll just wait and and see and barring major problems and glitches I'll enjoy the game of football Madden and EA provides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Lol, after madden 06 and 07 on the next gen consoles how could anyone with a functioning brain trust these guys ever again?? I`ll believe it when I see it.All ea cares about is money and if they can sucker you guys again by putting minimal effort into madden 08 and throwing around lots of advertising dollars to hype it they will do it.Ea developers are lazy and content Madden 06 and 07 on the next gen consoles were an insult to all gamers everywhere. And now in 1 year they have turned it all around?? Yeah right!
Old 05-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #37
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Well if every weapon has a counter, than it can't be abused...unless there is a catch animation that always succeeds or something like that.

Because if you have a smart LB or CB or whatever, didn't they say those guys could sneak out the play(excluding WR routes). Therefore a smart QB can change the play all he wants, but the great defenders realize it still.

It all sounds interesting. Who wins the battle of Possession WR and Shutdown CB. Since the Possesion WR can catch balls in traffic, and the Shutdown Corner sticks to the WR like glue. Who wins that battle?
You my friend got it, you hit the nail on the head thats the whole point of the weapons thing every team has them and you have to play to your teams strength and watch out for those big play guys.

Also I think people are misunderstanding one of the weapons the Smart QB, Smart LB, and Smart Safety. Are the only players who can read plays if you keep calling the same play over and over again. So having a guy like that on your team is a huge advantage but isn't it in real life?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #38
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Lets also be realistic...What game in the history of all video football games HAS NOT HAD AN EXPLOIT?.

There will be exploits in Madden and 2 2k8 not to mention the next 500 installments of both games...Why?..because there will always be some fool sitting around trying to manipulate the game whether it be for money games or an online ranking or just because he/she is too chicke$hit to take a loss in a meaningless online game.

The true measure of any game is how does it play head to head when two players who respect each other and the game sit down and play a game of X's and O's. I've got about 30-40 legit dudes on my buddy list so I insulate myself from playing strangers and random cheesers but to play the game against some idiot who does all the sprinting backwards and unotrthodoxed play then to judge the game based on that is not fair to said game...be it madden or 2k8
Old 05-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #39
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

No doubt there will be an exploit...every sports game from now till the end will have one. 100% guarenteed this superstar thing will have a glitch that people will abuse...lets just hope its not gamebreaking.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #40
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm excited for this game.

The way I'm thinking is that Madden has sucked so bad the last few years that it has to be better. Plus they're bringing back Owner Mode and thats all I care about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »