Home

WOW, According to..

This is a discussion on WOW, According to.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: WOW, According to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Yeah god knows watching my team compete in the superbowl for the first time in 22 years wasnt exciting at all...
I live in Chicago... And having your team get bounced by my Colts was definitely exciting.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
I live in Chicago... And having your team get bounced by my Colts was definitely exciting.
Yeah who would have thought that having your team win the super bowl would be so exciting.

Seriously im just saying that whoever that was saying that they would rather their team miss the playoffs completely than get bounced early (which doesnt apply to the bears anyway) is ********.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Yeah who would have thought that having your team win the super bowl would be so exciting.

Seriously im just saying that whoever that was saying that they would rather their team miss the playoffs completely than get bounced early (which doesnt apply to the bears anyway) is ********.
I co-sign.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #76
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
The Rams' offense ought to be darned near unstoppable in Madden this year. Of course the defense is a while other story...
Agreed.... figuratively and literally.....!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #77
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamden311
I would rather not make the playoffs then make it and get bounced, especially in the super bowl....
so do u hope every year that the steelers dont make the playoffs?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwon0709
so do u hope every year that the steelers dont make the playoffs?
Im a win it all or win nothing kind of guy. I feel no better about my team if they get bounced in the first round of the playoffs then i do if they go 6-10 and pick in the top 10 of the NFL draft.

As for making the super bowl and losing, I stand by what i said. i would rather my team not go to the super bowl than have them go and lose.

The Steelers lone Super bowl loss to Dallas still hurts me to this day.

Maybe I am spoiled by the Steelers great tradition of winning, but losing in the playoffs is just assuring that you get a worse draft pick.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #79
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

is this a madden thread or an nfl forum thread? lol

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
is this a madden thread or an nfl forum thread? lol
Im about make it a Madden Thread again. Here are the "estimated" Madden, i repeat, "Madden" rankings of teams 15 threw 11, according to SS.com.

The countdown to the top of the power rankings continues with the next five teams in line (15-11).

15- Detroit Lions
The Lions are one of those teams that will be better in Madden than how well they will do this coming season. They added Tatum Bell and George Foster to the offense which will strengthen the running game, and drafted Calvin Johnson who will be the highest rated and most effective rookie player in the game. Jon Kitna should even have decent ratings after he put up impressive numbers last year. The offense is going to be tough to stop. The defense may struggle, but the offense could do enough to overcome that.
14- Carolina Panthers
Carolina has some interesting pieces and are strong at certain positions but struggle in other areas. The defense should be very good, especially the pass rush will continue to be one of the best in the game. However on offense outside of the explosive Steve Smith it doesn’t look as good. QB will be mediocre whether it is Jake Delhomme or David Carr. The Panthers had a good draft, but how much impact will Jon Beason, Dwayne Jarrett, and Ryan Kalil really have as rookies rated in the high 70’s to low 80s?
13- Atlanta Falcons
The Falcons were generally one of the most powerful Madden teams over the last several years due to two main reasons. The first was how effective Michael Vick could be. The second was how speed trumped all as an attribute. That appears to be changing this year with the introduction of the weapons. Vick will not be nearly as good, and the rest of the team which has been degrading should see a fall off also. They drafted Jamaal Anderson but he will be a downgrade from Patrick Kerney. Joe Horn was a positive pickup, but somewhat offset by the loss of Ashley Lelie.
12- Philadelphia Eagles
The draft isn’t going to do anything at all to help the team in Madden this year. Takeo Spikes is the big addition to the defense, although they also lost a couple solid contributors. On offense Kevin Curtis will look to fill the void of Donte Stallworth. Donovan McNabb will likely be rated just as highly as he was before he was lost for the season. Brian Westbrook can be used creatively.
11- Dallas Cowboys
Dallas comes in as one of the more balanced teams. Tony Romo will be rated relatively high after the job he did last season. Even though Terrell Owens may not have come through for the team last year, he’ll still be a force in Madden (look for spectacular catch weapon but no hands weapon after leading the league in drops). There is the decent RB tandem that offers contrasting styles. The defense will be good in the front seven. The big question is whether or not the safties can be exploited this year, as both Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin struggle in coverage.

- - - - -

ok.

Its actually just how I imaged it would go, I would of thought that the falcons and the Eagles would be a little higher (8-11 range). And I suspected the Lions, the Panthers and the Cowyboys to be where they are. I still think the Cowboys are a little high, but close, whoever was telling me they should be in the top 5 on here was crazy (I said BAL, SEA, and SD will be better then DAL... and yes, They are!).

I still think some of my rankings on my previous posts are going to be pretty close. Top 10 will be something like this...

Pats
Colts
Bal
SD
Bears
Saints
Broncos
Seahawks
Bengals
Rams

Just my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »