Home

IS it Next-Gen yet???

This is a discussion on IS it Next-Gen yet??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: IS it Next-Gen yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To you and me...yes. But not to alot of people. Despite what people on this board like to think, there are plenty of fans that were very happy with the way the game "ran" and the numbers show as much.
Your right there are people that probably love the game. I never read into numbers because statistics can be manipulated to read which ever way you want them to. Example 9 out of ten doctors recommend this tooth paste yes it maybe true but what they don't tell you is that they sponsor those 9 doctors lol. Anyway the numbers have something to do with being the only NFL game around because I brought Madden 07 360 because of that. I played it at a friends and didn't like it but I picked it up because it was the NFL and Madden and I hoped it would grow on me, but it didn't. Also people have been faithful to madden for years and they keep buying because they keep hoping this is the year.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
"And that fact that the gameplay still isn't where it should be and won't be for 08, makes things even worse."

Really? Wow. Think I could borrow that time machine of yours for a little while? I promise I'll fill the tank up before I return it.
cool make sure you but premium in it
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #11
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Is usually takes a Next gen game, what 3 years to be put in stores on average(i.e Halo 3, etc....), so I believe since this is the 3rd yr of development, that this is the real next gen Madden, head to toe.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
I don't think its officially "next gen" until owners of previous gen feel the need to convert over to next gen en-masse.

So far, football-wise, they've had very little reason to...and the numbers seem show that. Its nothing like when Madden 2001 hit the PS2 where the distance between PS1 and PS2 were so glaring- at least ,not yet, IMHO.

Back then- if you saw and played Madden 2001- and owned a PS1...you definitely wanted a PS2.

And you actually got MORE features in doing so.

Maybe this year. We'll see.
You nailed it imo - still way too much incentive for people to just stay on current gen

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #13
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Maybe next year.... lol. Like some have already said, if the gameplay has indeed improved and all of the options (Owner Mode, Full Player Edits, working fatigue, no HOF in Franchise, etc.) are finally included in Madden 08... then IMO, we are where we should have been two years ago... this is the game that I was expecting for Madden 06.... so yeah, maybe next year.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
why? lol because it sounds good?
Because it is good...lol
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

With most sports games, it's next gen when someone walks in the room and asks what game you're watching.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Because it is good...lol
lol my thing is this though when you buy a next-gen console at the price they are you expect it to be THE NEXT BIG THING, not just the next thing right? I didn't see this game really warranting a next-gen purchase like some other games did. Also with the extra price for the game you expect the game to have all the things the last-gen version had and more to make you say WOW right.

Last edited by smash22; 05-24-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »