Home

IS it Next-Gen yet???

This is a discussion on IS it Next-Gen yet??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:38 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: IS it Next-Gen yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
There are so many questionable assumptions and down-right inaccuracies in that paragraph that I hardly know where to begin picking it apart.

When you say "all we are getting as far as new features are the same features from last-gen", I can only assume you somehow missed
  • branching animations (the biggest single change to Madden since it's debut on the ps2)
  • gang tackles
  • double team blocks
  • midair collisions
  • dynamic in-play fatigue modeling
  • rb's that will actually push the pile or slide off of blockers instead of running in place
  • the abiliity to choose high or low hits with the Hit Stick
  • the weapons system
...all running at a silky smooth 60 frames per second.

Not one of those items was in any of the last gen Maddens.
WOW so you consider branching animations (done b4 2k5 LG), gang tackling (done b4 2k5 lg and two man tackles Madden 05 lg), double team blocks (done b4 2k5), Mid air collisions (new animation), etc ... Thats the problem you talk about inaccuracies i think you better look over your post first buddy your calling these things which should be in any football game features WOW lol how crazy is that? WOW you put fatigue lol thats not a feature its a given in any sports game at this point right lol? because it didn't get done right last year. I guess you've been deprived for some time.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
WOW so you consider branching animations (done b4 2k5 LG), gang tackling (done b4 2k5 lg and two man tackles Madden 05 lg), double team blocks (done b4 2k5), Mid air collisions (new animation), etc ...
We are talking about Madden, not football gaming in general. I consider all of those things new features for Madden. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you.

Quote:
Thats the problem you talk about inaccuracies i think you better look over your post first buddy your calling these things which should be in any football game features WOW lol how crazy is that? WOW you put fatigue lol thats not a feature its a given in any sports game at this point right lol? because it didn't get done right last year. I guess you've been deprived for some time.
The way fatigue is being modeled this year (during the play instead of at the end) is fundamentally different than it has been in any previous installment of the Madden series. Since players will actually tire during a play, running around with Michael Vick at full sprint until someone gets open will no longer be a viable tactic. That's why I listed it, it's yet another fundamental change being made to the gameplay.

In your short time here, I have noticed that you have a bad habit of stating your opinions as if they were incontrovertible facts. Here's a quick primer for you:
  • "Branching animations are new to the Madden series" - FACT
  • "(Ncaa 07) plays just as good as madden (07) and in some circles better!!" - OPINION (and one that few people who have played both games would agree with).
See the difference?

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-24-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #35
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Dude... Nothing against you, but I how could anyone say Madden was better than NCAA?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
WOW so you consider branching animations (done b4 2k5 LG), gang tackling (done b4 2k5 lg and two man tackles Madden 05 lg), double team blocks (done b4 2k5), Mid air collisions (new animation), etc ... Thats the problem you talk about inaccuracies i think you better look over your post first buddy your calling these things which should be in any football game features WOW lol how crazy is that? WOW you put fatigue lol thats not a feature its a given in any sports game at this point right lol? because it didn't get done right last year. I guess you've been deprived for some time.
I have to agree with smash about the disappointments about Madden.I always find it funny how when ea has some competition they raise their games a little.I haven't been wowed with Madden since the early ps2 days.I wish they would care more about their fan base and make an incredible game every year.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Dude... Nothing against you, but I how could anyone say Madden was better than NCAA?
Let me put it this way-I can't recall getting sacked in Madden 07 by a defender that was 2-3 yards away from my qb.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
We are talking about Madden, not football gaming in general. I consider all of those things new features for Madden. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough for you.

The way fatigue is being modeled this year (during the play instead of at the end) is fundamentally different than it has been in any previous installment of the Madden series. Since players will actually tire during a play, running around with Michael Vick at full sprint until someone gets open will no longer be a viable tactic. That's why I listed it, it's yet another fundamental change being made to the gameplay.

In your short time here, I have noticed that you have a bad habit of stating your opinions as if they were incontrovertible facts. Here's a quick primer for you:
  • "Branching animations are new to the Madden series" - FACT
  • "(Ncaa 07) plays just as good as madden (07) and in some circles better!!" - OPINION (and one that few people who have played both games would agree with).
See the difference?
i have noticed you also and you seem to be out of touch with reality and very closed minded based on all of your statements thus this far. It's obvious you only follow Madden and have no idea what other football games have offered for sometime now and still do. And this statement alone leads me to believe you don't want to hear about something else being better then Madden "(Ncaa 07) plays just as good as madden (07) and in some circles better!!" - OPINION (and one that few people who have played both games would agree with). lol WOW get your head out of the sand and go ask around some do feel it is!

Any how is its not next-gen then what is it? what should we call it?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:29 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Let me put it this way-I can't recall getting sacked in Madden 07 by a defender that was 2-3 yards away from my qb.
but im sure you do remember morphing threw 5 defenders in a pile to score a touchdown right???? You want truth you can't handle the truth. Here you proof enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icnyyaq_bMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqeIjUfhGVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=770BJ...elated&search=

or not having fatigue in the game until the playoffs or having Barry Sanders as starting tail back for the New York Jets in week 3 of your Franchise?? dude do get me started man

Last edited by smash22; 05-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiujitsu35
I have to agree with smash about the disappointments about Madden.I always find it funny how when ea has some competition they raise their games a little.I haven't been wowed with Madden since the early ps2 days.I wish they would care more about their fan base and make an incredible game every year.
i feel you man i just want a game that we can all be happy about purchasing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »