Home

Brian Ek of Gamespot Confirms... "Still the Radio Guy" in Madden

This is a discussion on Brian Ek of Gamespot Confirms... "Still the Radio Guy" in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2007, 09:12 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Brian Ek of Gamespot Confirms... "Still the Radio Guy" in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Disagree. More than any in-depth contract system, draft system, or anything like that, presentation enhances the quality of the Franchise Mode IMO. With great presentation, every game is not the same....every game is not mundane. I know after I get a big play, I love it when I have cutscenes of my team and players going wild.

I couldn't stomach more than 1 season of Madden '07's franchise mode......in large part because the presentation was so bland, I got completely bored.
Definitely, presentation makes playing a franchise more enjoyable. Head 2 head or online people might button through the cut scenes, but I know if they are varied enough and add to the atmosphere I definitely watch them. Also developers need to get away from the cut scene and just go for TV style pans and cuts, except maybe for half time, end game, and special game endings(superbowl, playoffs).

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #42
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

This pretty much sums it up, no purchase.....

But I will be picking up NCAA 08, I'm a big college fan, plus the presentation is decent in there....

Can't see why they would strip out John and Al.....I'd rather hear Madden talk about Tough Actin Tanactin...

That to hear that stupid radio guy, get excited over b.s. plays...and repeating himself...

Very big disappointment..but I'm sure alot of people expected it...
Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Disagree. More than any in-depth contract system, draft system, or anything like that, presentation enhances the quality of the Franchise Mode IMO. With great presentation, every game is not the same....every game is not mundane. I know after I get a big play, I love it when I have cutscenes of my team and players going wild.

I couldn't stomach more than 1 season of Madden '07's franchise mode......in large part because the presentation was so bland, I got completely bored.
Presentation is style and gameplay is substance. Your shiny new BMW may look great but it won't work without an engine and I think most of Madden gamers tend to play the game year round or at the very least for the 5 or 6 months when its football season and whether its a week or 3 months, the presentation will lose its luster and begin to get repetitive because there's only so many times you can can hear Boomer say Laurence Boney Maroney. And don't forget, this isn't a situation where EA has completely left presentation enhancements out. There is going to be a pregame show this year and while I know its not enough to satisfy those that carry the presentation flag at this point at least its a step in the right direction.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

By the way, presentation fans this may have been missed because coogr quoted it in the weather channel thread but whats your opinion on this?

EA said its popular "Madden NFL 08" game also would get a boost of realism when it comes out Aug. 14: Players will be able to get real-world sports scores and "SportsCenter" radio clips from ESPN, plus video highlights from the National Football League.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 22

Well this f'n sucks bigtime..i cant believe it..im not buying madden again until they put some freaking atmosphere into this game.. some color playbyplay is badly needed to an already dead feeling game... man, i cant believe it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2007, 11:48 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
IGGA PLEASE!

I have no idea why I laughed when I read this
Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 AM   #47
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Presentation is style and gameplay is substance. Your shiny new BMW may look great but it won't work without an engine and I think most of Madden gamers tend to play the game year round or at the very least for the 5 or 6 months when its football season and whether its a week or 3 months, the presentation will lose its luster and begin to get repetitive because there's only so many times you can can hear Boomer say Laurence Boney Maroney. And don't forget, this isn't a situation where EA has completely left presentation enhancements out. There is going to be a pregame show this year and while I know its not enough to satisfy those that carry the presentation flag at this point at least its a step in the right direction.
Simply put....they need to get BOTH right. If they can't, than don't be surprised if people let them know about it. I don't think really anybody is requiring super TV like presentation....just give us something!

Last edited by Rocky; 05-27-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:03 AM   #48
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
EA said its popular "Madden NFL 08" game also would get a boost of realism when it comes out Aug. 14: Players will be able to get real-world sports scores and "SportsCenter" radio clips from ESPN, plus video highlights from the National Football League.
Hasn't this been in EA games for a couple years now? Of all the things they could implement, this wouldn't be my first choice. I can get ESPN by turning on my TV or PC.

Additionally, when turn on my XBOX, I want to be in "video game world", not the real world. I am easily confused, so when a score goes along the ticker, I won't know if it is from my franchise in my video game universe, or a score from the real world????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »