Home

What do you require from Madden this year

This is a discussion on What do you require from Madden this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What must Madden improve for your money this year
Mainly an Improved Franchise mode 45 31.47%
Mainly Online options 6 4.20%
Mainly Player Interaction/graphical enhancements 28 19.58%
Mainly Cheese Balancing 2 1.40%
Mainly Presentation 22 15.38%
Just Be free of Major Bugs 24 16.78%
Other 16 11.19%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #17
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What do you require from Madden this year

I said that the product should just be free of major bugs. The fatigue issue last year was inexcusable, as it drove a lot of players from the game right off the bat, and made most leagues unplayable. The fix was also too little too late, as the fatigue should have just been implemented ala NCAA in the first place.

Here's hoping the gameplay, new fatigue, gang tackles, etc. all get implemented correctly...

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 05-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
I said that the product should just be free of major bugs. The fatigue issue last year was inexcusable, as it drove a lot of players from the game right off the bat, and made most leagues unplayable. The fix was also too little too late, as the fatigue should have just been implemented ala NCAA in the first place.

Here's hoping the gameplay, new fatigue, gang tackles, etc. all get implemented correctly...

And hoping they don't break the online performance in the process.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #19
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
And hoping they don't break the online performance in the process.
True!

The one thing I didn't like was that last year pretty much every game online with both Madden and NCAA had "some" lag, and it was REAL geography specific. When I played folks on the west coast (I was in Boise) things were pretty good, but east coast guys were anywhere from moderate lag to MAJOR slow down...it kind of wreaked some havoc in the leage (since it made passing difficult). I even had a good connection!

It's hard to see lag only in football when I've had none on MLB and there's only slowdown in the FPS games when a lot of frags are going or you have a host with a crappy connection.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

I am not as hard on Madden as some of you. ALL I WANT from this year's version is an improved frame rate and MOST OF ALL...

BETTER ONLINE INTEGRITY. the one thing I hate about this year's madden is that someone can FREEZE THE GAME, which doesn't get them a loss and doesn't get me a win!

That is why I selected "just no major bugs or glitches"

nothing upsets me more then when i have sat through 40 minutes of a competitive game... I come out on top.. and some queer freezes the game!

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/

Last edited by IStillDoWhatIDo; 05-29-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
07' with better franchise isn't a good game. So I go with the must have, player interaction.
I'd second that

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Player interaction, Online and Cheese Balancing. The Cheese is crazy and has been around too long. I'm not talking about just any old cheese. You will get that I'm talking about stuff like Rocket Catching, QB issues and the like. Then there is the disconnect glitching and all that other mess. It's all

Glorious Cheese.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #23
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Make it the next gen we have all dreamed about and envisioned. I hate the fact that the new gen game isn't as good as the last gen versions, imo.

Simple things for me are camera angles (I prefer to play on Madden Long, up close is handcuffing) and plays (boot passes ran the correct way, or at least having them available).

For $60 I expected a lot more, foolish of me to think that. My son and I scrapped the 360 Madden and went back to playing 06 on the ps2, but that's just us.

I would love to fire up the game the first time, see the intro., delve into the options, play that first game, and get that impressed feeling. Not the "oh no" feeling. I want to be happy from the get-go, not have to play the game awhile to get used to it, and settle for the oh well it's all we have, so we have to enjoy it.

I felt like Madden 2007 on the Xbox was like the first night in prison,lights out, and EA is your cell mate.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 3

Real simple-Fix the Sim engine so the CPU controlled teams' RB don't average 30-40 carries a game and fix the punt return game. Sadly these issues have existed for a couple of years and I'm not holding my breath on any fix for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »