Home

What do you require from Madden this year

This is a discussion on What do you require from Madden this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What must Madden improve for your money this year
Mainly an Improved Franchise mode 45 31.47%
Mainly Online options 6 4.20%
Mainly Player Interaction/graphical enhancements 28 19.58%
Mainly Cheese Balancing 2 1.40%
Mainly Presentation 22 15.38%
Just Be free of Major Bugs 24 16.78%
Other 16 11.19%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #25
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What do you require from Madden this year

I would be happy if every game didn't turn into a 4th quarter shoot out. My biggest problem with the series over the years, is that I can set the sliders and have a great and realistic first 3 quarters....but once we hit the 4th quarter, it is bombs away. Just lob it up deep, because the CPU can't stop it, and I can stop him.

I know that this is not everyone's experience, but I just had a few too many 13-10 games after 3 qtrs wind up 41-38.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #26
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

1 - Limit the Pancake Blocks - they just don't happen that often in the NFL. Yes, players may get chopped, yes they may be blindsided and knocked on their butts but players don't go flying 5 yards backwards after coming out of their three-point stance to engage a tackle.

2 - General Presentation. No 'Make some noise for your defense fans' on every third down (I don't think this is legal). No 'Lose - Lose - Lose' flashing over the home team's logo on the scoreboard after a home loss (just stupid). No showing us the inner workings of the steel supports of the stands on the play call screen. No pop gun sound on long passes (it just rminds you that you are playing a video game).

3 - For the love of all that is holy, bring the accelerated clock to next-gen - this drives me batty. I feel that I can pretty much kill the 4th quarter by just playing the clock if I'm using 8 min quarters, 4-5 first downs is all you need.

4 - Gameplay - amoung the many gameplay issues mentioned, the one that kills me is the 2 min drills where any QB (including the user's) turns into Joe Montana. NO NO NO, especially at the end of the first half. How often do you see a 3 play, 80 yard drive in 35 seconds in real life? Not often, most teams kill the clock from their own 20. The worst part is that often I'll go into the 2 min warning with a 10-7 game. At halftime the score may be 17-10 beacuse both teams drove the field, although they did nothing the rest of the half. Drives me nuts.

5 - Also, will a video game ever figure out how to use timeouts. I think, in conjunction with the accel clock, this could drive off of coaching and QB ratings - maybe sometimes the playclock will run to 25 seconds left for QBs like Peyton and Brady, but maybe it will sometimes run down to 10 seconds for QBs like Frye. This could cause more in-half timeouts, or delay of game penalties for both the user and the CPU. Also it would give QB with better Awareness ratings more of an advantage. You shouldn't go into every 2 minute drill with 3 TOs, it just doesn't happen.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Make it the next gen we have all dreamed about and envisioned. I hate the fact that the new gen game isn't as good as the last gen versions, imo.

Simple things for me are camera angles (I prefer to play on Madden Long, up close is handcuffing) and plays (boot passes ran the correct way, or at least having them available).

For $60 I expected a lot more, foolish of me to think that. My son and I scrapped the 360 Madden and went back to playing 06 on the ps2, but that's just us.

I would love to fire up the game the first time, see the intro., delve into the options, play that first game, and get that impressed feeling. Not the "oh no" feeling. I want to be happy from the get-go, not have to play the game awhile to get used to it, and settle for the oh well it's all we have, so we have to enjoy it.

I felt like Madden 2007 on the Xbox was like the first night in prison,lights out, and EA is your cell mate.
I second that. Back when there was talk of the next gen system 360 i said big deal, because i didnt have much faith in EA to do much better. I was told to stop being a baby and just enjoy the game,( LOL) Well my response was & still is, why bother to buy the next gen system if they not gonna develop the games to match the hardware or at least make an honest attempt damn. I was satisfied with the Xbox, there was nothing wrong with the xbox, & they haven't imo utilized the full potential of the first Xbox. Now history is repeating itself. Before you know it a new sytem will launch & the 360 will be like it's brother. By the way im still playing 07 Madden on the 1st Xbox & still complaining about the inexcusable flaws of EA, but eventually i will get the 360 but im in no rush to spend $400 bucks to be pissed off with EA. I see all so clear ( brand new 360, new 08 madden, dissapointed at lazy, sloppy, flaws in game,) on a system with so much promise. And some of these flaws been around wayyy toooo loooong.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
1 - Limit the Pancake Blocks - they just don't happen that often in the NFL. Yes, players may get chopped, yes they may be blindsided and knocked on their butts but players don't go flying 5 yards backwards after coming out of their three-point stance to engage a tackle.

2 - General Presentation. No 'Make some noise for your defense fans' on every third down (I don't think this is legal). No 'Lose - Lose - Lose' flashing over the home team's logo on the scoreboard after a home loss (just stupid). No showing us the inner workings of the steel supports of the stands on the play call screen. No pop gun sound on long passes (it just rminds you that you are playing a video game).

3 - For the love of all that is holy, bring the accelerated clock to next-gen - this drives me batty. I feel that I can pretty much kill the 4th quarter by just playing the clock if I'm using 8 min quarters, 4-5 first downs is all you need.

4 - Gameplay - amoung the many gameplay issues mentioned, the one that kills me is the 2 min drills where any QB (including the user's) turns into Joe Montana. NO NO NO, especially at the end of the first half. How often do you see a 3 play, 80 yard drive in 35 seconds in real life? Not often, most teams kill the clock from their own 20. The worst part is that often I'll go into the 2 min warning with a 10-7 game. At halftime the score may be 17-10 beacuse both teams drove the field, although they did nothing the rest of the half. Drives me nuts.

5 - Also, will a video game ever figure out how to use timeouts. I think, in conjunction with the accel clock, this could drive off of coaching and QB ratings - maybe sometimes the playclock will run to 25 seconds left for QBs like Peyton and Brady, but maybe it will sometimes run down to 10 seconds for QBs like Frye. This could cause more in-half timeouts, or delay of game penalties for both the user and the CPU. Also it would give QB with better Awareness ratings more of an advantage. You shouldn't go into every 2 minute drill with 3 TOs, it just doesn't happen.
you have an open mind. You have brought to my attention things I never thought about. particularly points 1 and 2. Good ideas.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #29
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Pure dynamic gameplay I don't wont to get tired of the game in 3 months.

Nice online features

Those are the two things that will keep me playing the games for months and months.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #30
MVP

Smoother gameplay like the current gen and PRESENTATION to rival that older game...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #31
MVP

...And change the playcalling screen or at least have the option to use the "old school" Madden playcalling screen for side-by-side matches...
NCAA FB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
NCAA BB: Gamecocks and Tarheels
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »