Home

Chicago Tribune Business Section Article about Madden '08/EA Sports

This is a discussion on Chicago Tribune Business Section Article about Madden '08/EA Sports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Chicago Tribune Business Section Article about Madden '08/EA Sports

Presentation > than all this crap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #26
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Look, I'd like to know who's singing the praises of cramming realtime ESPN content into these games, because I know I'm sure as hell not interested in it.

It seems ESPN is forcing the issue too. It's just like they did with their mobile phone service (which flopped, and now they are partnering with Verizon). Why do they feel the need to flood the market? They have a great thing in Sportscenter (which has actually become Metrosexual Sporting News). I just think it's overkill.
You answered your own question. I said this two years ago, I said it last year and I'll say it again. You will never get ESPN presentation in Madden or any other EA game because this is how ESPN wants their brand used, not the way 2K did it.

EA is more then happy to play the game too. Then we get Madden Nation, and NFL Countdown etc, all showing off EA games. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Personally I hate it, but this is where it is going and it's not going to change. It's a business and this is a good business move for both parties involved. It doesn't matter to them that they ignore what we want.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
You answered your own question. I said this two years ago, I said it last year and I'll say it again. You will never get ESPN presentation in Madden or any other EA game because this is how ESPN wants their brand used, not the way 2K did it.

EA is more then happy to play the game too. Then we get Madden Nation, and NFL Countdown etc, all showing off EA games. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Personally I hate it, but this is where it is going and it's not going to change. It's a business and this is a good business move for both parties involved. It doesn't matter to them that they ignore what we want.
It a great business move for ESPN. ESPN doesn't have to provide anything new to get paid millions. EA did this get ESPN off the cover of 2k sports.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #28
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
It a great business move for ESPN. ESPN doesn't have to provide anything new to get paid millions. EA did this get ESPN off the cover of 2k sports.
or maybe 2k couldn't provide what EA could..
Old 05-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #29

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano

I'm not talking about having NFL 2K5/ESPN style presentation in the game.

I'm asking the question, who is saying they like the idea of having realtime stats and scores, downloadable content etc. from ESPN?

I'm long passed the hump of no ESPN style presentation. My issue is the wasted energy they are putting into this game.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
You can believe that if you want, but it seems pretty clear it was a difference in vision on how to use the brand. ESPN got what they wanted and they got paid for it. While EA gets even more exposure out of the deal. While we get lame presentation.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #31
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I'm asking the question, who is saying they like the idea of having realtime stats and scores, downloadable content etc. from ESPN?
It comes from ESPN. As for who likes it, I don't know I haven't met anyone who thinks its a good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »