Home

Formation Specific Depth Charts how important are they??

This is a discussion on Formation Specific Depth Charts how important are they?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How important are formation specific depth charts to you?
Very important they should be in Madden 08. 41 70.69%
Important, but they are not a top priority of mine. 14 24.14%
Not that important at all, and I could care less if we had them. 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Formation Specific Depth Charts how important are they??

100% they definitely should be in there and if not then it's disgraceful IMO

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepOklahoma
also, how about adding Nickelback as a real depth chart position, similar to what theyve done for 3rd down back and long snapper. Stop just making it automatically the 3rd corner. Some teams use safeties, some teams even use fast linebackers, its not always the 3rd corner
Putting Nickelback into Madden? What is this, NBA Jam where celebrities and politicians get into the game?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Formation specific subs are a must. Everything is specialized now. You have the hybrid de/olb and strong safeties that play linebacker in certain packages. And depending on the scheme, some positions are kind of interchangeable, i.e. safeties in a cover 2 scheme. Sometimes they make common position switches impossible. It's usually not that hard to switch a corner to a free safety irl like Lott, Woodson, and Vincent but in Madden and NCAA these type of position changes aren't easy to pull off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #12
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Putting Nickelback into Madden? What is this, NBA Jam where celebrities and politicians get into the game?
lmao
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 PM   #13
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Formation specific subs are a must. Everything is specialized now. You have the hybrid de/olb and strong safeties that play linebacker in certain packages. And depending on the scheme, some positions are kind of interchangeable, i.e. safeties in a cover 2 scheme. Sometimes they make common position switches impossible. It's usually not that hard to switch a corner to a free safety irl like Lott, Woodson, and Vincent but in Madden and NCAA these type of position changes aren't easy to pull off.
Bingo

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of formation specific depth charts because that could be alot of tedious work and it'd present the same issue that the game currently has.
What issue does current gen have?? As far as it being tedious work your not forced to do it and the way it works in current gen you do it once save it and your ready to hop online.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 05-29-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
What issue does current gen have?? As far as it being tedious work your not forced to do it and the way it works in current gen you do it once save it and your ready to hop online.
Yeah it's not tedious at all. I have no idea why anyone would say that. Maybe he is talking about something else.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #15
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
I have to vote important, the middle choice, and they would be nice to have.

However they aren't a game killer.
To me the lack of them is a game killer. Every team in the NFL uses defensive line rotations. Yet in Madden, teams use a set number of starters (be it 4 or 3) on the line, with the back-ups getting very few snaps a game (if any). Even when fatigue worked properly the back-ups rarely, if ever, played. And when they did, there would be mismatches like pass rushers on short yardage situations or run stuffers on 3rd and long. It makes no sense as to why they are not yet in Madden.

Imagine if you bought a baseball game and the opposing team used only its starting pitcher, set-up man and then closer. Only in the case of injury would the CPU use its remaining bullpen. We wouldn't be happy with that, would we? So how come we accept the same from Madden (other than the fact we don't have a choice)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2007, 08:39 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Also if the game does not have them and I'm forced to play Terrell Suggs at DE in a 3-4 defense and he is owning Guards that tells me the game itself has not changed that much at all. The thing is NCAA has a remedy for the 3-4 somewhat. You have a DT pacakge in which all of the Dlinemen are DT's. Why can't Madden have this? Then on the depth chart just let me put Suggs in at OLB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »