Home

Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

This is a discussion on Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

Link

Quote:
Starting with the summer's release of Madden '08, if you've got one of them fancy high-speed internet connections, you can have streaming information directly impact your gameplay experience. It's going to be like fantasy baseball, or whatever those fake online things are. If a player gets injured, guess what? He won't be on the team in your game. If it's raining in such-and-such stadium for real, it's going to be pretty wet for you in the game, too. On the flipside, stat increases will crop up to reflect a player who's having an unexpected hot season.
Obviously not for those who dont like to replicate the real NFL, but for those of us who do this sounds pretty, well, next gen. And they're doing it for all their sports games... might have to look into Madden & Live this year...

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 05-30-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

I really don't like the sound of this if it's forced on the user. I guess it's ok if you want to update rosters prior to starting a franchise/season (btw, starting a franchise/season with pre-existing injuries should be an option IMO)... but these updates should not be forced on you during an ongoing franchise. It doesn't make sense that a player(s) gets injured in real life, but not within my franchise, and suddenly he is on IR. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it's going to be implemented.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I really don't like the sound of this if it's forced on the user. I guess it's ok if you want to update rosters prior to starting a franchise/season (btw, starting a franchise/season with pre-existing injuries should be an option IMO)... but these updates should not be forced on you during an ongoing franchise. It doesn't make sense that a player(s) gets injured in real life, but not within my franchise, and suddenly he is on IR. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it's going to be implemented.
it sounds like the only way it will work is if your logged on and online!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

I really like the sound of this. I was so excited when I first got a roster update in Madden 2003. I have always thought that they haven't done updates frequently enough. This looks like a step in the right direction.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I think its only gonna be on play now and online same as the new weather thing they got when ur online.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Link

Obviously not for those who dont like to replicate the real NFL, but for those of us who do this sounds pretty, well, next gen. And they're doing it for all their sports games... might have to look into Madden & Live this year...
That would be good until people got further along in their franchise.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #7
All Star

Brandon13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
That would be good until people got further along in their franchise.
I don't think it would apply to franchise mode though. It would make sense to me for it only to be applied towards online play and exhibition games.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #8
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Sounds good, and I would sure as hell LOVE this for exhibition and online games (since I like to "sim" a few games of the current NFL week).

I don't think it's going to be forced on the Season/Franchise players (the roster will be "locked" in when you start said mode). However, I don't think EA will provide timely updates...I mean, it's been what, four or so for the entire NFL season!!! Why increase the frequency with no competition?

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »