Home

NEW PRODUCER BLOG: I.Cummings breaks down the trailer

This is a discussion on NEW PRODUCER BLOG: I.Cummings breaks down the trailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #49
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NEW PRODUCER BLOG: I.Cummings breaks down the trailer

I don't think people are lauding Madden or EA for being innovative. No one is saying that these features are new and groundbreaking. However, since the licensing agreement people have had concerns that Madden would not progress without competition. Well, from all that has been shown so far, they are making the effort to progress.

And just so you don't mistake your post.... you are a *****. Based on the fact that people being cautiously optimistic to actually excited about the game necessitated a post to put them in check... well... that's "hating". Buying the game doesn't change that.

However, we are all entitled to our opinions... "*****", "fanboy", "apologist" or otherwise.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #50
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I don't think people are lauding Madden or EA for being innovative. No one is saying that these features are new and groundbreaking. However, since the licensing agreement people have had concerns that Madden would not progress without competition. Well, from all that has been shown so far, they are making the effort to progress.

And just so you don't mistake your post.... you are a *****. Based on the fact that people being cautiously optimistic to actually excited about the game necessitated a post to put them in check... well... that's "hating". Buying the game doesn't change that.

However, we are all entitled to our opinions... "*****", "fanboy", "apologist" or otherwise.
Best post ever.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #51
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Let me say at the outset that I am NOT a *****. I've bought every single Madden in existence, and having read this producer's blog, I think Cummings is a good guy to have working on the game. HOWEVER, I think that we need to remind ourselves that all of this stuff that's supposed to make this iteration of the series special was already in a competitor's game three years ago (go watch the vids of 2k5 highlights, complete with great gang tackles, interactive line play, mid-air collisions). I applaud Cummings's apparent desire to bring credibility back to the franchise, but I don't think he or the franchise should be applauded for bringing a game that should be cutting edge back to a level already established in the previous generation of gaming systems. I would liken this sort of praise to praising a linebacker for making a tackle--it is his job to do that, so no congratulations are necessary, nor are they deserved. Likewise, it is the developers' job to deliver an authentic and immersive experience, and Madden has not done this in ages. Our expectations of this game have dropped so low that it seems like restoration is now counting for innovation. That's poppycock, imo.

Thoughts? Again, I'm not trying to be overly negative or to beat a dead horse, but I do think that folks are getting a little Cum happy over some hardly worthy material.

You have me confused... you are not a ***** because you buy the game, yet you say that all us Madden fans are getting "cum happy" because the game is now going to include features/gameplay that were included in 2k5?

Wasn't that the beef with Madden for the past few years? If Madden would have not included these new gameplay/features, you would be saying that Madden is garbage once again because they can't do on next gen what 2k5 did on current gen.

People have been asking EA to incorporate these new features/gameplay since 2k5. And now that they have(done what has been asked)... its not good enough. Once again I am confused.

Look, I admit that Madden should have had these features sometime ago and should be moving on to bigger and better things, but the fact is that we have been bashing Madden for not having them and now they do. Maybe its later than it should be, but its better late than never. Right?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #52
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS

Old 06-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #53
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

"- Hot routing has been reverted back to the currentgen method" - Ian Cummings

This news made my day...
Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #54
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

This news made my day...
that's good news

Old 06-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I anticipated this sort of reaction, and it's fair and understood from my perspective. That said, I just want to clarify a couple of points, if not to convince, then to avoid misunderstanding. First, Clay, I would draw a distinction between hating and telling the truth. The facts of the matter are these: the franchise has been defunct for a while, has been predicated on hype, and has offered more hype for the coming year. Until that hype has been substantiated by gameplay, I see no reason for optimism, and I don't think that's an irrational conclusion. My ambitions weren't necessarily to "check" the community as you say, but more to ask why people seem so optimistic when they've been given so little reason to be so. Perhaps there's a finer set of gradations than "fanboy" and "*****"; I'd peg myself a skeptic, which is somewhere in between. Second, Countryboy, I didn't intend to confuse. The "cum happy" point was a reference to the standing joke in the thread about the producer's name; I'm assuming you got that, but since you included that part in your response, that's why it was there. I suppose that it is better to get these improvements late than never, and I agree that it's good that EA started listening to its critics. But again, I wonder why the optimism and the desire to patronize a company that has been serially negligent with its biggest product. I realize that everyone here has a right to his or her opinion--mine just happens to be that Madden will not be worth spending money on for a while if it's only going to be able to do things I could be doing with Puja's latest roster update for the "other" game.

Anyway, I won't clutter the thread with more of what I sense is an unproductive conversation, but these are my two cents, and I appreciate yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

This news made my day...
I'm glad they did but I had just now gotten used to using the new way, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »