Home

Force 4th down Punt?

This is a discussion on Force 4th down Punt? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Force 4th down Punt?

For whatever reason they took it out. Anybody know if they going to bring it back b/c i hate seeing ppl go for it on 4th down on the 20yrd line. Some ppl online NEVER PUNT.

PSN Brandon26ms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Force 4th down Punt?

Yeah I think it is called "fair play". And I agree with you 100%, they need to get this back in the 08 version. I hope it wasn't one of the features that did not make it. This really helps keep the cheesers at bay. Especially the ones who go for it on 4th down in their own territory and go for 2pt conversions on every score.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #3
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
For whatever reason they took it out. Anybody know if they going to bring it back b/c i hate seeing ppl go for it on 4th down on the 20yrd line. Some ppl online NEVER PUNT.
I think you mean the "fair play" rule EA added a few years back,I actually hope they keep it the way it is.The people who would always go for it on 4th were the easiest clowns to beat and they would usually quit by the end of the second quarter.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Hope they bring it back to.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosgotcha
Hope they bring it back to.
I hope they bring it back as well but it should be more intelligent. If i'm down by 28 in the 2nd quarter at midfield I shouldn't be forced to punt.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It was in the game the one year I did play online, and of course cheddar boys found a way to block every punt, so it ended up really hurting the straight up players. So unless they can assure players that there won't be a punt block glitch then it would be best to leave it out.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It was in the game the one year I did play online, and of course cheddar boys found a way to block every punt, so it ended up really hurting the straight up players. So unless they can assure players that there won't be a punt block glitch then it would be best to leave it out.
i never had any punts blocked

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hope they bring it back as well but it should be more intelligent. If i'm down by 28 in the 2nd quarter at midfield I shouldn't be forced to punt.
God I hate that. I used to play my friend in Madden, and I would constantly be down 20+ points in the 3rd quarter, and still be forced to punt the ball. Plus with quarters only being four minutes, I didn't have much time to come back.

I don't play Madden(PS2) anymore, but I think my final Online record against my friend was around, 13-60. Yep, I sucked online.

Let it be known though, that this 13-60 record was on the last name that I created for EASports games. I used to win against him all the time on my previous account. But then I lost my talent, and he apparently gained some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »