Home

There is hope for online leagues!!!

This is a discussion on There is hope for online leagues!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
There is hope for online leagues!!!

This was taken from the FIFA08 preview at IGN since all of EA sports games this year are sharing technology and such. Well here is the part of the article that should give us a little hope.

Quote:
In terms of modes, EA is holding off details on Manager Mode and online for now, although we have one delicious nugget for you. Interactive Leagues will make their 360 and PS3 debut. Pick your favorite team. When it plays, you play. EA will tally all the wins and losses and declare a winner. EA also hinted at traditional online leagues with your buddies, but we'll have to wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: There is hope for online leagues!!!

Ortiz has already said NO ONLINE LEAGUES for MADDEN 08, but it could be possible on Future Madden's. I'm pretty sure you knew this.. IBTL
Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Ortiz has already said NO ONLINE LEAGUES for MADDEN 08, but it could be possible on Future Madden's. I'm pretty sure you knew this.. IBTL
Yeah I remember him saying that but we can dream can't we. This also brings up the issue if FIFA can have them this year why not Madden??
Old 06-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Im glad they are finally addressing this issue, but looks like we have to wait atleast till next year with MAdden based off Ortiz's interview
Old 06-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
He said no online franchise.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be online leagues. For some reason that I can't understand, it looks like EA once again snubbed us of that idea.

However, I will still keep just a little hope alive.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

I think the original poster realizes that there's no online leagues THIS year for Madden.

Looks like EA is piloting online leagues with euro-footy.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #8
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Interactive leagues in FIFA is where you pick your favorite team and play online against fans of your favorite team's opponent for the week. For example, I'm a fan of West Ham. I select the Hammers as my favorite team. West Ham is playing Manchester United that week. Fans of MU play against fans of West Ham and they keep track of wins, losses, and draws in a table format to see who the Premiership champion is at the end of the season. Sorry, but you guys are getting your hopes up for nothing. Interactive leagues in FIFA are nothing more than a way for fans to get involved in their teams match of the week. I'd guess that they won't even do online leagues with FIFA, so we're pretty much out in the cold on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »