Home

New Madden Producer Blog with Video

This is a discussion on New Madden Producer Blog with Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: New Madden Producer Blog with Video

With respect to the history of this game I don't see what there is to complain about with what was shown. Even if it does not end up being as great as it looks (which hopefully it will) it is a huge improvement.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:52 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 8

The gang tackling looked nice, however the first thing I noticed was Asomugha just stray around LT and stand there like he was confused. Also, from what I saw, the blocking still looks clunky and scripted -- still though, they haven't shown us a video of the play starting from the snap, which I think is because they know they'd be opening up a can of worms considering they'd get flamed for the poor blocking.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
And since all we have seen is one 2k8 trailer to say the opposite is nonsensical too.
No, not really. By comparing the first NCAA trailer to the current 2k8 one there's still a world of difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFan
No, not really. By comparing the first NCAA trailer to the current 2k8 one there's still a world of difference.
Really it's not. The trailers only show us pieces of parts of the whole. So if you are going to make the claim that one game has better animations than the other shouldn't you do so by examining the whole and not simply pieces or at least parts (actual gameplay videos). IMO all one can say at this point is we've seen more of two games (we've seen pieces and parts of Madden and NCAA all we have seen of 2k8 is a piece) than the third and what we've seen looks good.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:30 PM   #77
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Yep...not everyone in the NFL can break gang-tackles, but I think it should rely more on momentum more so then an attribute.
I think physics tied in with a player's attributes should decide the outcome. Attributes such as speed, strength, and break tackle ability...
Old 06-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
If those arent' gang tackles then what the hell do they look like.

You say the initail tackle seems to be the only one affecting everything but the video clearly tells a different tale. In the very first gang tackle in that video LT being tackled by one defender and LT's momentun is driving them both forward when M.Huff comes in hits LT thus driving him backward from Huffs momentum.

You will see this alot in the game with the bigger stronger backs like LJ, L.Maroney, and R.Johnson. Players height and weight have been taken into account this year with the animations.

I mentioned this point in my original post. "The first tackle looked promising but the initial tackle didnt seem to slow the runner down at all. And the third tackle's transition from one attempt to other was very nice."

What Im trying to get at is that it seems as if the addition of the multiple tacklers are not actually making a difference to the runner. I dont know how to quite explain it. For example, last year: the runner would be getting tackled and you would control another defender to tackle him. Your controlled defender would just slide/bounce right off. Not really affecting the play. This video, the additional tacklers seem as if they are not really interacting but are still sliding/bouncing off but given the animation that they are "gang tackling".

I wish the video would have showed some plays where a runner was running up the middle because that's where I think we'll see what everybody is really waiting for. A bruiser type back having a defender grabbing his upper body while trucking ahead at a slower speed and then another defender coming down low to finish the job. That's what I would like to see. Or LT spinning off someone only to have the defender still grabbing an appendage while other defenders swarm at him.

The tackles that we saw in the video could have easily been tackles made last year but now we are not treated to our defenders just bouncing off the player as he is falling down.

But I agree, I cant wait to see a bruiser or more varied gang tackles cause it's looking like it could be going right.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:59 AM   #79
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I haven't been excited for a football game since the 2005 games. But I have to admit, that video was freaking sweet!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 4

i was really enjoying the vid until the showing of the second gang tackle ! Number 52 is going staright to his back before LT even makes contact with him! it looked like he knew he was going to get ran over and made a head start lol. I Know its early and this may be cleaned up.

:34 mark of the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usy2BN8Slak

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »