Home

Gametrailers-New gameplay vid

This is a discussion on Gametrailers-New gameplay vid within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #49
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Gametrailers-New gameplay vid

There really wasn't much atmosphere in this game at all. No excitement. The Ortiz vid looked better, but we couldn't hear anything and it was filmed off a TV.

Also, yeah..the guys playing it were horrible..I mean, the first play had an easy first down with a dumpoff pass.

I thought I was pale..D Huard looks like an alien.

Something about the way the Madden games move..it just does not seem that realisitc in this vid. I can't way to A/B APF and Madden so we can really get a look at what options we have.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 10

I think until they do something better with presentation, the game will have a dull feeling to it. There's just not enough going on to maintain excitement during the actual game being played.

The lack of ESPN presentation usage in Madden at this point is simply unforgiveable!!!

For those of you who did experience NFL2K5, you know what the capabilities are for Presentation:
  • Draft Preview show with Kiper, Jr.
  • Draft Recap Show
  • Weekly Rundown of FA signings, key injuries, and trades
  • Rundown of Season Awards (MVP, Rookie of the Year, etc...) with Berman
  • Player of the game interview
  • Halftime show
Yeah, that's right...it was all in 2K friggin' 5!!!! Added so much to the replay value...having your rookie just miss ROY honors, for example. Interesting stuff.

The fact that Madden next gen does not have any of this is a damn shame, whether you like Presentation or not. They have wasted their sole access to ESPN and I'm not contributing another dime to EA/Madden just for a bit of improved gameplay each year. Screw that!

Bring it on NCAA and APF2K8!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #51
Rookie

bigwig's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
I think until they do something better with presentation, the game will have a dull feeling to it. There's just not enough going on to maintain excitement during the actual game being played.

The lack of ESPN presentation usage in Madden at this point is simply unforgiveable!!!

For those of you who did experience NFL2K5, you know what the capabilities are for Presentation:
  • Draft Recap Show
  • Halftime show
Yeah, that's right...it was all in 2K friggin' 5!!!! Added so much to the replay value...having your rookie just miss ROY honors, for example. Interesting stuff.

The fact that Madden next gen does not have any of this is a damn shame, whether you like Presentation or not. They have wasted their sole access to ESPN and I'm not contributing another dime to EA/Madden just for a bit of improved gameplay each year. Screw that!

I agree 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #52
Banned

Blackvivaldi's Arena

OVR: 1

All am saying is that is about time Madden starts developing signature moves...Brad Favre should look, run and pass like Brett Fave...Its next Generation!!!...And why dont you want to be WOWed this year?...Its not like we have been WOWED in the past 4 years...The game looks identical to 07 and the player models are waaay too bulky...The NCAA videos look much better but that is not saying too much...Next year demand signature moves and online leagues ...Dont but DEMAND...Video was cr.ap
Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6

• Draft Recap Show
  • Halftime show

I agree!!!! I'm glad there are others out there.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #54
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
All am saying is that is about time Madden starts developing signature moves...Brad Favre should look, run and pass like Brett Fave...Its next Generation!!!
EA started adding signature style last year. I can't remember how many players they did but all of the top RB's and a couple of WR's had their running styles in the game. I also noticed in the sideline catchs video done by Ian that P.Rivers side arm throw looked spot on.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

This can't be the latest build, if you look at Ian's blog and Ortiz's interveiw, this current gameplay looks dated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #56
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
EA started adding signature style last year. I can't remember how many players they did but all of the top RB's and a couple of WR's had their running styles in the game. I also noticed in the sideline catchs video done by Ian that P.Rivers side arm throw looked spot on.
The only 1 really recognizable and individual was Tiki Barber. I didn't recognize any other sigs in the game. Maybe because that's also the only 1 they talked about,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »