Home

4 New Gameplay Vids at Gamespot

This is a discussion on 4 New Gameplay Vids at Gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: 4 New Gameplay Vids at Gamespot

I agree on the leg tape... it just looks really stupid when a player has black tape on... with the bears player I noticed it looked like he was wearing stripper boots or something since the black tape went 8-10 inches above the top of his shoes.... nobody wears it like that....

One thing that always bothers me is uniforms, and that tape look has always bothered me when watching next-gen videos for madden. I do like the cleats though, at least they don't look like everyone is wearing 3/4 basketball sneakers like on Ps2/xbox.

Now if they could just figure out a way that Trufant's hair won't disappear through his jersey when he looks around that would be a nice addition... maybe next year....
Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #34
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
One thing I hated about playing Madden online was that anyone who got in the open seemed like they had CRAZY break away speed. I mean, I use the Bucs and even Ike Hilliard or Clayton was uncatchable from behind in o7.

Nobody gets rundown in Madden. Even if they have average or below average speed, which is the case for my WR's outside of Galloway.

And in these vids, it seems to still be the case. Too many WR/RB with average speed are being able to run away from defenders too easily IMO.
It looked like the WR that took the TD pass up the right sideline could've been caught had he not cut back across the field. He was definitely losing ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
When in the hell are they going to get rid of those damn "leg warmers" they've been putting on the next-gen player models for ankle tape?!?
I always hated that. The 1st year I gave it a pass because I was happy to see tape. It gets uglier every year. As good as the player models look this year, you would think they could do better on the ankle tape.

And it is annoying how others bash people's complaints, especially details on the models. Almost everyone has been disatisfied with EA's oversized models. Isn't the cankle tape part of that?
Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 17

only real complaint i have is there are no refs. other than that, it looks promising....
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #36
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
One thing that always bothers me is uniforms, and that tape look has always bothered me when watching next-gen videos for madden. I do like the cleats though, at least they don't look like everyone is wearing 3/4 basketball sneakers like on Ps2/xbox...
I too, am glad the 3/4 basketball shoe has met its demise.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
One thing I hated about playing Madden online was that anyone who got in the open seemed like they had CRAZY break away speed. I mean, I use the Bucs and even Ike Hilliard or Clayton was uncatchable from behind in o7.

Nobody gets rundown in Madden. Even if they have average or below average speed, which is the case for my WR's outside of Galloway.

And in these vids, it seems to still be the case. Too many WR/RB with average speed are being able to run away from defenders too easily IMO.
The safety certainly had an angle and decided to go into lock and trail mode. That needs to be fixed. I think they overcompensated for the years where linemen were running down backs and overdid the breakaway. I was hopeful after seeing the NCAA vid where the Oregon QB kinda ran out of gas and was realistically caught from behind. The Bears vid looked more like the poor pursuit angles of the past.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:18 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 5

Hmmmmmm... I've looked at the HD videos, and the models look less detailed to me. I've also noticed that the grass is less detailed, which I think is good because EA overdid that last year. Some of the fields looked like they needed a good mow in '07, lol. I think the lesser detail is a declaration that they couldn't get the game to move at 60FPS if they left the detail in. Is this because of a lack of effort or because of hardware limitations? YOU decide on that one...

It certainly moves smoother however, and the new animations look pretty cool. I've noticed that players who are supposed to be smaller don't look like bodybuilders this year. This game looks interesting. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

was that bernard berrian getting the touchdown?

if it was
give bernard berrian credit.

he has like 97 speed.

its hard to catch guys like that.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 11

the graphics look good......
gameply vid #3, the shawn alexander touchdown had 2 defenders in position to make the tackle,what they did is not football..that is a typical,frustrating madden play, one of the things that angers me the most with this series,you make the right playcall and your defenders don't make the play.
......it still doesn't appear to have momentum and physics factored in,but it's a work in progress so we'll wait and see if it gets addressed.

why is everything going to the outside??? in all of the gang tackling vids ,and the new gameplay vids all plays are to the outside???what about the middle??? i would like to see how they handle the gangtackling when a player runs up the middle.
lets see some short yardage battles up the gut.

Last edited by mr_president; 06-20-2007 at 09:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »