Home

Did all of the b****** and moaning help...

This is a discussion on Did all of the b****** and moaning help... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Did all of the b****** and moaning help...

push EA to make these changes? Was it because they new 2K was coming out with a football title? Was it a combination of both? or was EA eventually going to make these changes anyways?

I'm just wondering if it had anything to do with the collective grievances that have been discussed in all of the forums these past two years. Did they actually take into account the so called minority, us, the self described hardcore gamers that log onto these forums and passionately discuss these issues on a daily basis. The reason why I'm asking is because I've heard for so long that things would never get done the way we'd (hardcore gamers) like them to because we are the minority.

Now, I'm not trying to advocate more b****** and moaning, but it's good to know, they are actually paying some attention to what we've been saying here, and all these discussions are not falling on deaf ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Did all of the b****** and moaning help...

Do we have the game?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

I'd say it's probably both .. with APF coming out I guess EA decided to put in features we wanted ( remember we were always saying bring everything back from current gen? ) and then they added a little more
Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Do we have the game?
NO... okay, how about the perception that these changes (such as more responsive control, new blocking schemes, getting rid of mario running, etc.) have been made. I know we have been duped before by the "hype," and we really won't know for sure until we play the game and feel the difference... but from the look of all the videos, blogs, etc. it does look like working on gameplay was a priority over coming up with a feature that could be touted on the back of the box.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
NO... okay, how about the perception that these changes (such as more responsive control, new blocking schemes, getting rid of mario running, etc.) have been made. I know we have been duped before by the "hype," and we really won't know for sure until we play the game and feel the difference... but from the look of all the videos, blogs, etc. it does look like working on gameplay was a priority over coming up with a feature that could be touted on the back of the box.
Your right it does appear that gameplay has been the priority, but to answer your question, it was probably all of these factors put together. I mean 2K coming out again, alot of the players complaining, and then the decline of the review scores over the last few years all contributed to help get the ball rolling in that aspect.

However it happened im just happy it did since EA really didnt have to do squat and could still sell millions, so i thank them for the effort this year. It looks like they have finally focused on the most important aspect of the game which of course is gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Ortiz helped more than anything

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

I think it has more to do with it being the 3rd year in. Look at almost all the company's that are in there 3rd year on next gen and you will find that there games become great in the 3rd year. Madden 04/05 on Ps2 was the same way.

To me it will only get better from here on in.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

I really dont give a damn how it occurs if I get the end result of a great NFL experience then im fine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »