Home

Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08?

This is a discussion on Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I'm not sure what the guy who made the comparison video did, but in his video the clips used somehow look worse than if you view those same clips in their original form on gametrailers.com (HD version of course)...I am assuming that whoever it was used a direct video feed and capture to get the 2007 footage and had to resample the 2008 footage from downloaded clips...that could make a BIG difference in the perceived visual quality...

Regardless of the "look", the posts that are emphasizing gameplay and "feel" are dead-on correct. I still believe that Madden NFL 2007 was beautiful game to look at but a horror show of persistent animations and collision detection gaffes to actually play through. The end result was an overall mediocre title. 2008's version is addressing MOST (not all, but most) of the major issues with 2007 and looks very similar to boot...I take that as a very encouraging development because a game that looks "just like" 2007 - but has tighter player controls, smoother animation transitions, more 'features' (like individual D-playmaker FINALLY!), decent gang tackling and better collision detection overall - is a very good thing.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy that EA gave a 360 Elite to on Community Day? If so, that should probably be listed as a caveat along with any comments you give, IMO. I know that it makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy that EA gave a 360 Elite to on Community Day? If so, that should probably be listed as a caveat along with any comments you give, IMO. I know that it makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt.
In fairness, everyone who has had the opportunity to actually play the new and improved EA football engine (both at last week's NCAA Community event and at the various gaming sites that have done previews) has given it high marks.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I am going to post what I posted on another site about this. For one the comparison is a bad one. The person putting the vid together wanted watchers to grasp the game in a certain way. But that grasp is predicated on an incomplete story at best. I'm not sticking up for the game, I'm just trying to reason here. Yes some things are the same in Madden but that should be a given (no one goes out and creates a completely different game every year they build on what they have). But there is a great deal that distinguishes 08 from 07 starting with player control and the framerate.

If someone wanted to do the same thing but show how 08 is distinct they could. Patch a few clips together show how it is distinct and they would get a following. All I'm saying is, don't believe /buy too much into the vid because you've either a) been disappointed with EA in the past and felt you got cheated and now they are trying to stick other people b) you have a vendetta against EA/Madden and want them to fail and I could mention another one but I will not because I want the thread to remain civil. Given everything you have seen about the game thus far this is an incomplete picture.

The game will most likely not be the World beating game that ign makes it out to be (as they are painting a certain picture as well) but it isn't the exact same game that the person here is trying to get the viewer to believe it is. 08 will have marks of distinction from 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

The thing I belive about these videos is they dont want to highlight the cool new features (such as new hit stick animations and special catches) about madden 08. It happens all the time. When they first release their first few gameplay videos, most of them suck, because it looks like 3 year olds playing against each other.Its boring. There's a lot of QB sacks, you see no decent completions. And I think they do it on purpose. Just wait till after E3 when we see some real sick madden gameplay videos. Then they will come out with videos highlighting the defensive playmaker, hitstick 2.0, and some nice one-handed catches. Notice how we havent seen any videos of those yet?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #37
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Are you saying that Moose is biased because of the fact he happened to win the tournament, thus earning the Elite 360?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 11

While watching a clip of 08, if someone told me I was watching a clip of 07, I wouldn't have questioned it all. Even the stupid radio guy is saying the same crap. Some smoother animations and 60 FPS doesn't warrant another $60, so unless they're bringing something else I haven't seen yet, I'll do without an NFL game...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:40 AM   #39
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
While watching a clip of 08, if someone told me I was watching a clip of 07, I wouldn't have questioned it all. Even the stupid radio guy is saying the same crap. Some smoother animations and 60 FPS doesn't warrant another $60, so unless they're bringing something else I haven't seen yet, I'll do without an NFL game...
It will be worth another $60 bucks to me if they fix the fatigue problem and some to the other game play issues. I had no problem what so ever with last years graphics so saying the 2 games LOOK the same is a good thing.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #40
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

The only difference that was obvious to me was the facial models were different. Other than that I couldnt tell any difference. But I know that there is a difference so it doesnt really bother me that they look similar.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »