Home

Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08?

This is a discussion on Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #41
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14
Thumbs up Re: Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I am going to post what I posted on another site about this. For one the comparison is a bad one. The person putting the vid together wanted watchers to grasp the game in a certain way. But that grasp is predicated on an incomplete story at best. I'm not sticking up for the game, I'm just trying to reason here. Yes some things are the same in Madden but that should be a given (no one goes out and creates a completely different game every year they build on what they have). But there is a great deal that distinguishes 08 from 07 starting with player control and the framerate.

If someone wanted to do the same thing but show how 08 is distinct they could. Patch a few clips together show how it is distinct and they would get a following. All I'm saying is, don't believe /buy too much into the vid because you've either a) been disappointed with EA in the past and felt you got cheated and now they are trying to stick other people b) you have a vendetta against EA/Madden and want them to fail and I could mention another one but I will not because I want the thread to remain civil. Given everything you have seen about the game thus far this is an incomplete picture.

The game will most likely not be the World beating game that ign makes it out to be (as they are painting a certain picture as well) but it isn't the exact same game that the person here is trying to get the viewer to believe it is. 08 will have marks of distinction from 07.
CO-SIGN
This comparison vid is joke IMO, and does not show this in the best light.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Do you see a difference in this video of madden 07 and 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Some people need to really go back to science class and pay attention to what light years are. I mean, the term "miles" is not really even applicable in this case.
lol

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy that EA gave a 360 Elite to on Community Day? If so, that should probably be listed as a caveat along with any comments you give, IMO. I know that it makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt.
Maybe you should caveat your post, IMO.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #44
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy that EA gave a 360 Elite to on Community Day? If so, that should probably be listed as a caveat along with any comments you give, IMO. I know that it makes me take everything you say with a grain of salt.
wow!

That's one pretty ironic statement coming from you. All one has to do is look up your post history to see the same thing could be said of your contributions.

At least the guy played the game. Until you have played it why don't you keep comments like these out of the forums, because all they prove is you have an agenda.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
wow!

That's one pretty ironic statement coming from you. All one has to do is look up your post history to see the same thing could be said of your contributions.

At least the guy played the game. Until you have played it why don't you keep comments like these out of the forums, because all they prove is you have an agenda.
Maybe you're right. Maybe it's just me that would have a hard time criticizing a product from a company that bumped my flight up to first class, gave me a free 360 Elite, gave me an opportunity to interact with celebrities, etc. Don't know what I was thinking even throwing that out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 2

Wow! Some people need to see the eye doctor REAL SOON! I heard one person say that the graphics were worse than LAST GEN! You dudes are hilarious or just ********.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #47
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Maybe you're right. Maybe it's just me that would have a hard time criticizing a product from a company that bumped my flight up to first class, gave me a free 360 Elite, gave me an opportunity to interact with celebrities, etc. Don't know what I was thinking even throwing that out there.
My god man, maybe you need to read his post again:

Quote:
Regardless of the "look", the posts that are emphasizing gameplay and "feel" are dead-on correct. I still believe that Madden NFL 2007 was beautiful game to look at but a horror show of persistent animations and collision detection gaffes to actually play through. The end result was an overall mediocre title. 2008's version is addressing MOST (not all, but most) of the major issues with 2007 and looks very similar to boot...I take that as a very encouraging development because a game that looks "just like" 2007 - but has tighter player controls, smoother animation transitions, more 'features' (like individual D-playmaker FINALLY!), decent gang tackling and better collision detection overall - is a very good thing.
What exactly do you read here that sounds like favoritism or fanboyism? Hell, I could have written it myself, having not even played, just based on the vids I've seen.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #48
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:

LOL.

I'm not going to defend a guy I don't know, but I am sure going to point out the hypocrisy of statements from someone with a history such as yours.

You should probably take a long hard look in the mirror before you question whether a poster is carrying a bias in the future.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »